• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No change since a few weeks ago

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Stomach issues 😣

Haven't changed on that front. Still don't want Tepper doing anything at all without hiring a consultant.

Firing Campen wouldn't require Tepper though. That'd be Reich's call.

It would also be unfair, but... 😕

Campen is seen around the League as one of the best line coaches around. Nobody on that staff believes it’s Campens’ fault the guys are failing at their jobs. It’s a scheme issue and Reich should’ve realized it wasn’t going to work a long time ago.

Just now, mc52beast said:

Campen is seen around the League as one of the best line coaches around. Nobody on that staff believes it’s Campens’ fault the guys are failing at their jobs. It’s a scheme issue and Reich should’ve realized it wasn’t going to work a long time ago.

No, It's not his fault. The scheme absolutely doesn't fit.

Unfortunately, that probably won't stop him from getting fired.

One other observation...

Brian Daboll got everybody's attention last year by hiring outside of his circle. Reich followed suit.

Daboll's Giants are floundering (badly) in his second year. Our team didn't wait that long.

Is that coincidence or causative?

Unknown, but it could be worth noting.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Guy I work with is a huge dolphins fan and he says that what's going on with bryce is exactly what they went through with tua. Speed and a good coach turned everything around

It’s been a huge theme in the NFL when you decide to play these guys before the team is ready. 

• Beer 1

I don't think sitting Bryce is an option. You can debate whether or not it should be, but I don't think it is.

With a mini-bye this week, there would be an option to try to change the emphasis of the offense to power running since that's what our personnel are better suited for, but I don't know if that's going to happen.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think sitting Bryce is an option. You can debate whether or not it should be, but I don't think it is.

With a mini-bye this week, there would be an option to try to change the emphasis of the offense to power running since that's what our personnel are better suited for, but I don't know if that's going to happen.

Try what you will but we know it is going to be futile. You watched enough Cowboy games to know this is gonna be a 45-0 route.

2 hours ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

The ironic thing is Bryce would be cooking in the power run playaction offense Wilks/Mccadoo were running at the end of last season. 

Honestly, probably so. I didn't want to at the time but we should have definitely hired Wilks. He got the team doing the best it could.

This is literally a bullet point guide to how to make us perform as poorly as possible.

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

The ironic thing is Bryce would be cooking in the power run playaction offense Wilks/Mccadoo were running at the end of last season. 

Are you sure Wilks would have wanted him?

Pondered elsewhere whether or not it might have been a similar situation to what Wilks had in Arizona where he wanted one quarterback but team brass and ownership insisted on a different one.

Given what we've heard about Tepper, it's not hard to imagine that scenario repeating itself here.