• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young has half a season under his belt now and here are his projections

Varking

7 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Why in the hell would Tee Higgins come here? I guess if we offer him 30+ million more than the next highest team, he might come here...

That’s my concern: not the overpay but the ability to attract any major free agent. Like the Texans and Bears have more cap space than us. Why not link up with a Maye/Williams/Fields/Stroud instead of Bryce? Or even Levis in Tenn. they have a bunch of cap too. Like what would the appeal be to come here as an offensive player? 

The only guys we likely attract are the ones more concerned about playing time. If they go to a better team they lose out on stats and stuff but here they can be the guy or at least have a larger role. We don’t have an Andy Reid type coach to attract the great players. 

5 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Bryce is in the Love, Pickett, Watson tier 

Unless he agrees to take HGH or show some serious signs of life over these last 8 games or whatever. I’m doing serious homework on this 2024 QB class

I wouldn't waste your time on doing homework on the 2024 QB class. Tepper will stick with Bryce at least 2-3 years. What year does Archie come out? 

18 hours ago, Jaxel said:

You aren't gonna find a number 1, but we need some one fast a twitchy, and a lot of o line depth. The reality is, at some point we are going to have to hit on a wr in the draft. If that means taking 3 them, then so be it.

We will be in the top 5 maybe top 3 of the second round.  With 4 or 5 QBs in the first round we might get a #1 WR in the early portion of the 2nd round.  I know the odds are not in our favor and Carolina and 2 round WRs go together like oil and water.  However, it's not inconceivable. 

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

We will be in the top 5 maybe top 3 of the second round.  With 4 or 5 QBs in the first round we might get a #1 WR in the early portion of the 2nd round.  I know the odds are not in our favor and Carolina and 2 round WRs go together like oil and water.  However, it's not inconceivable. 

I mean, there are plenty of number 1s found in the later rounds. Kenan Allen, Devonte Adam's, AJ Brown, Diggs, Kupp, St. Brown, Aiyuk, Samuel, Watson (Green bay). That's just a few current ones. 

6 hours ago, App Panther said:

I wouldn't waste your time on doing homework on the 2024 QB class. Tepper will stick with Bryce at least 2-3 years. What year does Archie come out? 

2026. There is no chance in hell the Manning family lets Arch play a down for David Tepper

Same thing will happen in 2025 with Deion and Shadeur

Tepper has built one hell of a reputation in such a short amount of time

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, KSpan said:

Not my job to hire coaches, nor am I obligated to solve these self-inflicted problems. As far as being a 'real fan', just can it with that crap already. I've been one since 1995 but damn, fanhood doesn't mean you have to tolerate acute incompetence and can't call out the suck when it's there. If you still feel like being a cheerleader then go for it, but the rest of us tired of the easily-avoidable errors Tepper and his people keep making will keep discussing the objective reality of the team.

This is the last time I will be responding to you on this topic. You have not proven any point at all and will apparently continue to keep the rose-colored blinders on. We don't have much in common at this point.

You are right that its not your job nor is it mine but at least i try to provide advice and solutions as a fan BECAUSE this FO is incapable of doing that. If i EVER suggest a change, i WILL suggest who that should be and will take the same beating if that suggestion backfires. Yes I backed Reich for the coaching change but at this point, i am open to bringing back Wilks cause he can motivate the players as we have seen late last season when he took over from Rhule. Wilks reminds me of DeMeco on how he rally his players on the sideline with his emotional that CJ is sold on. 

If Wilks can do for Bryce what DeMeco has done for CJ getting them excited to go out there on game day and light it out, let's bring him back!!!!

Hey if anyone can get Sam D to not pass to ghost, its the guy who motivated the 49ers defense FROM the sidelines, not up in the booth where it can get lonely up there.

3 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

You are right that its not your job nor is it mine but at least i try to provide advice and solutions as a fan BECAUSE this FO is incapable of doing that. If i EVER suggest a change, i WILL suggest who that should be and will take the same beating if that suggestion backfires. Yes I backed Reich for the coaching change but at this point, i am open to bringing back Wilks cause he can motivate the players as we have seen late last season when he took over from Rhule. Wilks reminds me of DeMeco on how he rally his players on the sideline with his emotional that CJ is sold on. 

If Wilks can do for Bryce what DeMeco has done for CJ getting them excited to go out there on game day and light it out, let's bring him back!!!!

Hey if anyone can get Sam D to not pass to ghost, its the guy who motivated the 49ers defense FROM the sidelines, not up in the booth where it can get lonely up there.

Nobody was barring Wilks from the sideline lol. He messed up going up there. Now let’s see if he stays on the sideline going forward and if they continue to look better. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Nobody was barring Wilks from the sideline lol. He messed up going up there. Now let’s see if he stays on the sideline going forward and if they continue to look better. 

He really needs to stay on the sideline motivating his players as they pass him. That alone can have a big impact like yesterday. If Wilks was up in the booth as an interim HC for us last season, i am willing to bet we would not have won those games. I think we should bring him back if they do fire Reich. Im sure you would agree with me on this.

On 11/12/2023 at 9:44 AM, Jaxel said:

I mean, I would be shocked if they don't invest every dollar in the offense this off season.

Remember when the owner bragged about how all the money could/would go to the defense because we drafted a point guard at QB lol…. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

The opportunity was there. These idiots do listen to the fan base, they felt safe to do what they wanted. Because people were supporting it like the latest stimulus check. 

If you were lobbying against Wilks, and now feel nothing about flip flopping..  front running… I can’t take that seriously. 

1 hour ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Watching Russell Wilson now on MNF and 100% seeing this as Bryce’s ceiling.  Undersized, scrambling, making back-yard throws, sliding when you could get 3 more.

I hope he develops into something like that, but man.

He always seemed totally beholding to his WRs winning those jump balls. That’s our ceiling right now, without the jump balls. They aren’t being thrown. 

1 hour ago, stratocatter said:

The opportunity was there. These idiots do listen to the fan base, they felt safe to do what they wanted. Because people were supporting it like the latest stimulus check. 

If you were lobbying against Wilks, and now feel nothing about flip flopping..  front running… I can’t take that seriously. 

What?!? Wilks has motivated this team which includes Sam D to win games during his interim like DeMeco has been doing. The key is motivating our players that i have come to realized.

If Tepper doesn't its all about players responding to the HC over schemes guys who should NEVER be HC like Josh McDaniel cause he says umm every other word when trying to motivate players. Bring Wilks back and watch our players respond to him for him like they play hard for DeMeco and Pierce which works!!!!

• Pie 1