• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young has half a season under his belt now and here are his projections

Varking

62.8% Completions

17 Passing Touchdowns

15 Interceptions

3315 Passing Yards ( 195 per game ) 

287 Rushing Yards ( 17 per game )

We don’t have a first round pick next year, we aren’t bringing in a big WR free agent and we aren’t making a trade for a top tier one. We have already switched playcallers and the offense has gotten worse. If Frank gets fired Bryce will be another rookie QB who gets a year wasted and then basically be a rookie again in year 2 with a new coach and a new system. 

The hell do we do to get better next year and support him?

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

I mean, I would be shocked if they don't invest every dollar in the offense this off season.

I’d agree but what can they even do? If we are being realistic and look at who could be available via free agency we need to understand that most of the “top” guys aren’t going to actually hit the market. And those that do aren’t going to come here unless it’s some massive overpay because why come here with a newer coach, a young QB who is struggling, no real run game and the line looks like one of the worst in the NFL. 

We would need to make a trade and I feel like the only piece worth a good offensive player we have is Burns and it seems the trade Burns ship has sailed as well. 

I know the Pats offense has been poo, but I wonder if we sign O’Brien as our OC next year to reunite Young with his college OC. If we keep this zone blocking switching Icky and BC might work providing we sign a serviceable backup for LT. Draft a weapon like Tez with our 2nd and an explosive RB on the mid rounds. I could also see us trying to trade for Aiyuk because San Fran might not be able to afford him as an alternate plan. 

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’d agree but what can they even do? If we are being realistic and look at who could be available via free agency we need to understand that most of the “top” guys aren’t going to actually hit the market. And those that do aren’t going to come here unless it’s some massive overpay because why come here with a newer coach, a young QB who is struggling, no real run game and the line looks like one of the worst in the NFL. 

We would need to make a trade and I feel like the only piece worth a good offensive player we have is Burns and it seems the trade Burns ship has sailed as well. 

You aren't gonna find a number 1, but we need some one fast a twitchy, and a lot of o line depth. The reality is, at some point we are going to have to hit on a wr in the draft. If that means taking 3 them, then so be it.

• Beer 1

Just now, Growl said:

yeah they are absolutely going to spend big in free agency, don’t know why you’d assume otherwise

Those free agents would need to choose us over others. We had Foreman leave to pick the Bears despite knowing they had a deeper RB room than us. 

We are currently 13th in cap space going into next year and we still haven’t paid Burns. We have 40 million available as of now to spend. He’s looking for top DE money. What will that leave us with? So who are the free agents we can target at that point? 

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Those free agents would need to choose us over others. We had Foreman leave to pick the Bears despite knowing they had a deeper RB room than us. 

We are currently 13th in cap space going into next year and we still haven’t paid Burns. We have 40 million available as of now to spend. He’s looking for top DE money. What will that leave us with? So who are the free agents we can target at that point? 

And luvu

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Varking said:

Paying Burns should reduce his cap hit next year

We have to go after Tee Higgins.  The best wide receiver on the market and will only be 25 years old.  And he's proven himself.  Overpay him if you have to.

I'm not saying Higgins is as good as these guys (but he does have that kind of upside).  But look at the impact guys like Diggs, AJ Brown, and Hill have had on their QBs.  Sometimes you just need that special talent at WR.  It makes everyones job easier.  I really feel like that is the move we HAVE to pursue the most and pray and hope he takes the money. 

Otherwise I don't know how you get a true #1 without either getting lucky in the draft or trading even more picks for someone in the NFL, which we shouldn't do.  If we did make a trade though, Aiyuk would be my top option.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mage said:

We have to go after Tee Higgins.  The best wide receiver on the market and will only be 25 years old.  And he's proven himself.  Overpay him if you have to.

I'm not saying Higgins is as good as these guys (but he does have that kind of upside).  But look at the impact guys like Diggs, AJ Brown, and Hill have had on their QBs.  Sometimes you just need that special talent at WR.  It makes everyones job easier.  I really feel like that is the move we HAVE to pursue the most and pray and hope he takes the money. 

Otherwise I don't know how you get a true #1 without either getting lucky in the draft or trading even more picks for someone in the NFL, which we shouldn't do.  If we did make a trade though, Aiyuk would be my top option.

We would have to way overpay him to come here.   

• Pie 2