• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:
  • Nico Collins is their #1, a third year 3rd rounder out of Michigan. He has over 600 yards receiving on the year and better than anyone we have (and who I personally had on my radar as a breakout candidate - I have had him stashed on my keeper league roster for 3 years in FF now).
  • Their #2 WR is the Rookie Tank Dell who is playing fantastic for a 5th rounder and looks better (and faster) Than any Receiver we currently have. 
  • They also have Dalton Schultz at TE, a top 10 player at his position who I REALLY wanted us to target this offseason instead of Hayden Hurst.
  • Noah Brown, The former 7th rounder you're talking about has played in 4 games this year.
  • I don't know how good Bryce would look with the above mentioned guys but i'm pretty sure he'd look at least marginally better.

You have been completely disingenuous about the whole thing regarding Stroud ever since we drafted Young. I get it, you wanted him, but go learn more about the team before you jump ship to be a Texans fan.

im speaking of today

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

im speaking of today

And Bryce's leading receiver this week was Mike Strachan, a 7th round pick for the Colts who was on the PS and was elevated to the active roster for the game against the Bears. He lead the team in receiving yards with one catch.

That's how fuging sad our receiving corp is dude. I'd trade all of our guys for the Texan's guys in a heartbeat.

That's why I honestly can't say how good Stroud would be doing with our absolutely terrible situation.

I have no clue how Fitt wasn't shown the door 2 weeks ago, let alone why he was chilling in the box with Tepper on Thursday. The roster construction is a crime against football.

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I was going to support whoever we took and I still am but it's rough watching him break records and legitimately be in the MVP conversation right now.

There's still no way in hell he's playing as well for us as he is for the Texans. Their receivers and offensive scheme are infinitely better than our own. I have no idea how much better he'd be at throwing 7 yard hitches to guys with zero separation as the line crumbles around him before he finishes his drop back.

This situation was a no winner for any QB we brought in. I doubt MVP winner Patrick Mahomes from last season would look good in this putrid offense, We are just that bad.

Spot on Ricky as usual. 

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

And Bryce's leading receiver this week was Mike Strachan, a 7th round pick for the Colts who was on the PS and was elevated to the active roster for the game against the Bears. He lead the team in receiving yards with one catch.

That's how fuging sad our receiving corp is dude. I'd trade all of our guys for the Texan's guys in a heartbeat.

That's why I honestly can't say how good Stroud would be doing with our absolutely terrible situation.

I have no clue how Fitt wasn't shown the door 2 weeks ago, let alone why he was chilling in the box with Tepper on Thursday. The roster construction is a crime against football.

I am not trying to get into a pissing match with you here but did you watch stroud today?  I mean he was under duress and still managed to look really competent and  put up stats and a win.  I just think stroud is a dude that is going to put up numbers and wins no matter who is on his roster or what the scheme is.  I mean he has clearly showed it this year.

lol at the narrative that the texans skill position players are greatest show on the earth tier

uh whatever helps you cope

it isnt that much different then what cam had in 2015 and he made it work, just like stroud is

This was a hail mary away from being the worst team in the NFL last year

face it, stroud is a franchise changing player, and bryce.... isn't

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Just now, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

lol at the narrative that the texans skill position players are greatest show on the earth tier

This was a hail mary away from being the worst team in the NFL last year

I see people claiming they are better than what we have (which is the worst in the league). Greatest show on Earth sounds like someone trying over exaggerate a point being made to dismiss it. We have the worst weapons in the league and our OL is in a scheme that’s ruining it. Anyone with eyes can see this.  Regardless Stroud should have been the top pick and he is absolutely crushing it in Houston. Both things can be true. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am not trying to get into a pissing match with you here but did you watch stroud today?  I mean he was under duress and still managed to look really competent and  put up stats and a win.  I just think stroud is a dude that is going to put up numbers and wins no matter who is on his roster or what the scheme is.  I mean he has clearly showed it this year.

Yes, he looked great. But he also had receivers that were able to get open for him to hit once he scrambled, and those same receivers got open consistently even when he wasn't under duress. 

Watch the film for Bryce, he hits the final step in his drop and there's a guy in his lap and none of the receivers have finished their routes and ready to look for a pass. If he does manage to scramble out of it, there's still no one open so he either checks it down or scrambles for a few yards himself.

Our scheme is dildos. Our receivers are dildos. The coaching is dildos. Stroud would probably be dildos for us much like Mahomes would have been Dildos with John Fox as his first head coach in Chicago.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Yes, he looked great. But he also had receivers that were able to get open for him to hit once he scrambled, and those same receivers got open consistently even when he wasn't under duress. 

Watch the film for Bryce, he hits the final step in his drop and there's a guy in his lap and none of the receivers have finished their routes and ready to look for a pass. If he does manage to scramble out of it, there's still no one open so he either checks it down or scrambles for a few yards himself.

Our scheme is dildos. Our receivers are dildos. The coaching is dildos. Stroud would probably be dildos for us much like Mahomes would have been Dildos with John Fox as his first head coach in Chicago.

sure man sure, but my eyes tell me stroud is just about 100x more legit, smooth, capable and efficient then young.  Could that change, yeah sure but right now stroud has it in spades and young looks like he is in the deep in without arm floaties

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

sure man sure, but my eyes tell me stroud is just about 100x more legit, smooth, capable and efficient then young.  Could that change, yeah sure but right now stroud has it in spades and young looks like he is in the deep in without arm floaties

Stroud looks 100% legit.

I'm just saying we can't write off Young just yet because this team is incredibly bad top to bottom.

• Pie 1