• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic - Panthers Indecisiveness

Bear Hands

This is an excerpt from a greater piece but this just sounds weird and doesn’t seem like anyone is truly in control of the play calls. Some weird indecisiveness going on. Sounds like the entire staff is fumbling around—

https://theathletic.com/5057587/2023/11/14/nfl-week-10-best-worst-coaching-decisions-nguyen/

Regarding wasting the timeout on the final drive:

“We had a call that we liked, but we also had talked about another call,” Reich said after the game. “And as we broke the huddle, we just together decided let’s go with this other call. Is it worth taking a timeout? And thought it was important enough because it’s third-and-10, that’s a tough conversion. But we’re at the 40-yard line. So if we get five yards, we’re in easy field goal range. Not easy, but we’re in legit field goal range.”

wat

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is the type of poo that happens when you have an asshole of a boss whose know one trusts and you know is going to react vindictively to everything. I've been in those types of work environments and it fuging sucks and this is the type of dysfunction that it results in. No one wants to jump on that grenade.

Everything points back to Tepper.

No argument. I've been there too.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is the type of poo that happens when you have an asshole of a boss whose know one trusts and you know is going to react vindictively to everything. I've been in those types of work environments and it fuging sucks and this is the type of dysfunction that it results in. No one wants to jump on that grenade.

Everything points back to Tepper.

I understand the Tepper hate but c’mon. Reich is 61 years old with around 30 years of NFL experience as a player and coach. Do you actually think Tepper is now causing issues with playcalling?

If Reich doesn’t have confidence in himself at this point, then he should never have been hired. The way to deal with Tepper is to win and do what you said you’d do.

Tepper has made bad calls on his GM and Coach, multiple times now. The buck stops with him but blaming him for this type of poo is silly. This is 100% coaching blunders.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No argument. I've been there too.

So you’ve brought your handpicked team to a company where you promised results and then when you are doing a job where you have extensive years of expertise, you folded like a wet noodle because your boss paying you millions expects results?

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I understand the Tepper hate but c’mon. Reich is 61 years old with around 30 years of NFL experience as a player and coach. Do you actually think Tepper is now causing issues with playcalling?

If Reich doesn’t have confidence in himself at this point, then he should never have been hired. The way to deal with Tepper is to win and do what you said you’d do.

Tepper has made bad calls on his GM and Coach, multiple times now. The buck stops with him but blaming him for this type of poo is silly. This is 100% coaching blunders.

I think Tepper creates a toxic, chaotic work environment that creates constant dysfunction throughout the organization.

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

So you’ve brought your handpicked team to a company where you promised results and then when you are doing a job where you have extensive years of expertise, you folded like a wet noodle because your boss paying you millions expects results?

Have you ever been in a work environment where you work for a complete asshole who you don't trust who you know will throw you under the bus at a moment's noticed deserved or not who also micromanages the poo out of you, constantly criticizes and nitpicks everything whether they have any real knowledge of the situation or the subject matter creating a situation of constant second guessing because you're not just trying to figure out the right thing to do in a given situation but also trying to predict how this fuging asshole is going to react?

That's a mouthful but I've been there and this is what it looks like.

• Pie 5