• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Texans Team as a Whole

SaltAndPepper

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Stroud had 3 turnovers last game and they still won against a tough Bengals team.  That's typically a sign of a solid roster.  Stroud is no doubt making them better because he is playing out of his mind, but the point of the article is to also compliment the staff for putting this team together so quickly.  Ours made our roster worse than when Rhule was here...

They Won this week and last week because CJ Stroud lead 2 crazy game winning drives. Texans defense gave up a combined 64 points in those two games. It’s incredibly hard to win in the NFL letting the opposing teams score like that. 

Going back to my original point, Texans lose both of those games with Davis Mills under center.

Edited by Eazy-E
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

They Won this week and last week because CJ Stroud lead 2 crazy game winning drives. Texans defense gave up a combined 64 points in those two games. It’s incredibly hard to win in the NFL letting the opposing teams score like that. 

Going back to my original point, Texans lose both of those games with Davis Mills under center.

Yeah Davis Mills is a backup at best.  Stroud absolutely willed them to a win against the Bucs.  Last week He had 1 pass TD, 1 INT, 1 rushing TD, 2 lost fumbles, but most importantly his game winning drive FG.  He had his running back go for over 150 and 1 TD (when was the last time we had that?) , he had a defense that picked off Burrow twice negating two of his 3 TOs and sacked Burrow 4 times, His kicker was a perfect 3/3 including the game winner.  The whole entire point of this article isn't to compare Stroud to Mills, it's the show how much better of a job the Texans did building a team for their rookie QB than we did.  Stroud is playing out of his mind, but the Texans also made life easier for him.  Credit to the Texans staff and of course credit to Stroud for crushing it.  

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah Davis Mills is a backup at best.  Stroud absolutely willed them to a win against the Bucs.  Last week He had 1 pass TD, 1 INT, 1 rushing TD, 2 lost fumbles, but most importantly his game winning drive FG.  He had his running back go for over 150 and 1 TD (when was the last time we had that?) , he had a defense that picked off Burrow twice negating two of his 3 TOs and sacked Burrow 4 times, His kicker was a perfect 3/3 including the game winner.  The whole entire point of this article isn't to compare Stroud to Mills, it's the show how much better of a job the Texans did building a team for their rookie QB than we did.  Stroud is playing out of his mind, but the Texans also made life easier for him.  Credit to the Texans staff and of course credit to Stroud for crushing it.  

And my point is if Davis Mills was still their starter the team would still suck and no one would be talking about how well they constructed their roster around their QB.

• Pie 5

I just love how narratives change over time.

No one “knows” anything and just puts together educated guesses into stories, which get pushed as “reality.”

Pre (and during) the draft/off-season, the Texans were poo on. They’ve been a laughing stock since the Watson scandal. Dumpster fire. Good story with the new HC, but man it was seen as a tough spot for a rookie to walk into a team devoid of talent with a rookie HC and poo O-line. 

We were the perfect place for the rookie QB, Vet staff, solid defense that just needed help from the offense, young offensive mind paired with an experienced one, popular QB coach, and Moore being traded was downplayed like hell. 

Now? Narrative is we suck, no talent, Texans actually are well built and well coached, with talented skill players surrounding Stroud. 

It just comes off as cope for Bryce, with Stroud not getting enough credit. 

I’m bitter now, so perhaps this is my lens of bias reading it this way, but I see a lot of this stuff as saving face.

• Pie 9

4 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

And my point is if Davis Mills was still their starter the team would still suck and no one would be talking about how well they constructed their roster around their QB.

Yeah and if Mills was the starter on most teams they would be a lot worse.  So good point I guess??  It's not like they are saying this is a SF or Miami roster just that Ryans and his staff have done a good job in year 1.  Having Stroud makes their lives easier without a doubt.  

• Pie 1

Just now, Wundrbread33 said:

I just love how narratives change over time.

No one “knows” anything and just puts together educated guesses into stories, which get pushed as “reality.”

Pre (and during) the draft/off-season, the Texans were poo on. They’ve been a laughing stock since the Watson scandal. Dumpster fire. Good story with the new HC, but man it was seen as a tough spot for a rookie to walk into a team devoid of talent with a rookie HC and poo O-line. 

We were the perfect place for the rookie QB, Vet staff, solid defense that just needed help from the offense, young offensive mind paired with an experienced one, popular QB coach, and Moore being traded was downplayed like hell. 

Now? Narrative is we suck, no talent, Texans actually are well built and well coached, with talented skill players surrounding Stroud. 

It just comes off as cope for Bryce, with Stroud not getting enough credit. 

I’m bitter now, so perhaps this is my lens of bias reading it this way, but I see a lot of this stuff as saving face.

Nah it's more like Ryans and his staff did a MUCH better job than Reich and his staff.  Stroud is legit regardless.  I mean he might become OROTY and MVP which is unheard of.  

8 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

And it’s a team sport, of course, and it takes a team to perform well, but if people can’t see that Stroud is the difference and that he is ELEVATING his teammates…I don’t know what to tell you. 

Its never ending discussion with people on here dude...Texans could roll out 10 trash bins around stroud  and they will still take credit away from him.

• Pie 1