• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if, and hear me out here, Bryce Young is not actually some cerebral genius QB

electro's horse

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Eh, at the end of the day, cerebral or not he's still just a rookie on a horrific team. I think of all the things we can pass judgment on his intellect is not one of them. His test scores were too good for me to think he's dumb.

He's been practicing that test since the 9th grade, it means nothing

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

He's been practicing that test since the 9th grade, it means nothing

Yep. I don’t care one bit about that test score, the guy that supposedly scored much lower sure looks like a home run choice to me. Bryce hasn’t shown one sign of even a single To first base.  

• Pie 1

I would forever hate Bryce and Tepper if I was the S2 owner.

They completely destroyed that meme test.

I was a fool for hoping that BY would turn this poo around. I don't care if Tepper builds a time machine and gets 2007 Brady to play for the Panthers. I am done expecting good things to come from this organization.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, Manna said:

If we have to defend him so much it means that he aint it. I was a Cam "hater" because I was still stuck on Delhomme, but once that Arizona game happened I knew Cam was it. That moment hasn't happed for me with Bryce. 

Yep, every week the few Brycels left get more and more desperate and their arguments just get worse and worse. Once that QB Coach YouTube guy jumps ship its lights out for them.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Brent Gregory said:

Young is a horrible draft mistake on a horrible team. He has 0 tools to play at this level and will be out of the league after he's cut in 3 years. He's insured however no small qb will get drafted above rd6 in future drafts. 

Idk if I agree with everything you said but you’re right that he basically shut the door for other small QBs’ opportunities to get drafted high

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Iceup said:

When you draft a guy #1 overall he should be really special in some way. Bryce is not athletically gifted, hell he’s below average really. So he must have some amazing intangibles- like his unmeasurable qualities must really be so intangible we can’t see them…at all…I guess

North Carolina Thumbs Up GIF by Carolina Panthers

They’re 1000% there. You just can’t see them yet

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Fright said:

Agents have the ears of "experts". They sprinkle a few hundred grand into their pockets to slob on the jocks of their clients. You can only analyze film so much. Mel Kiper and other talking heads can't see in 4D or some other realm vision, they can see the same traits and habits of a player that we can... That being said, Tepp got sold on a test score. Richardson ignored the talks of Cam being stupid and went with a pure baller and it worked out pretty well. The Texans dodged a bullet by not drafting a dud, who had their brain size glamourized to cover up his 5'9 frame, and drafted a pure baller. 

They got lucky as hell with Stroud knowing they would have taken Young if they had the first pick. Absolutely lucked into something spectacular and then lucked into Tank Dell again as well later. Im jealous as can be of the Texans this year.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Read my post above.

We give him an elite O-Line and stud WRs and his numbers improve. Is the improvement because Bryce is legit? Or because he has stars around him like he did in Bama? You judge a QB by being a success when times are hard. Remember how Cam was praised for carrying the entire team on his back? He alone won us games. Young has yet to do it.

And you don't become a football coach by sheer luck (unless you have a nickname like Prime or your daddy coached). You have to know more than us guys on a message board ... so don't blame the plays. Yes, there are good and bad coaches, and yes having an elite team and QB can make a coach elite (hi, Bellichick) ... but just as you want people to not just automatically rag on Bryce, you can't just say our coaches have no clue what they're doing. They do but they're working with table scraps.

Point taken, a bit like if a Porsche has 87 put into it and it sputters, is it the Porsche's fault? Maybe. If it was such a premium car, it shouldn't need premium fuel to do what it claims it can do...and yet people spend boatloads of cash on them in the hope of that performance. If you put premium in it, is it performing because of the right fuel? Maybe. 

Stroud (like Cam) clearly so far looks like he'd win races at Talladega as a Prius, which is a rarity. Bryce seems to need 95 or 98 to do the same, which is not so rare. I guess that's part of what's frustrating people--Stroud seems special, Bryce not so much (at least not yet).

• Pie 1