• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

[GRAPH] Bryce's accuracy + separation for WRs

Icege

Some here truly believe that Bryce should be "processing" his WR's to further spots on the field or further away from their defender. To operate in a fantasy world, is to throw balls to defenders that are at the route endpoint before our WRs. There's a reality of such poor WR and routes that a QB cannot overcome. This is not even mentioning the offensive line.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

50 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

The closest QB on the graph to Bryce is Justin Herbert. He has 2349 passing yards and 17 TDs. He’s nearly doubled Bryce’s passing stats with less turnovers.

This chart is incredibly misleading and doesn’t paint the picture some of you are wanting it to.

Very solid point

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

this graph is borderline useless for Young

5 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

This is too smart for the fans here. 

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

The closest QB on the graph to Bryce is Justin Herbert. He has 2349 passing yards and 17 TDs. He’s nearly doubled Bryce’s passing stats with less turnovers.

This chart is incredibly misleading and doesn’t paint the picture some of you are wanting it to.

This chart is completely useless. It's only 2 variables are dependent on each other.

Look at the groupings. Those guys have nothing in common.

There are MVP candidates in all 4 quadrants.

This thread is dildos.

200.gif

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, mav1234 said:

That isn't entirely true. Cam frequently drove us down the field and got us points and the D then gave up the lead.

I said offense excelling too, not winning games - very hard to argue Cam was not the biggest reason for offensive succes in 2011.

Folks are painting Newton out to be a loser his rookie season even though he was rookie of the year and had Sione Fua and Terrell McClain on the defensive line.

So many disingenuous arguments being made to prop up Bryce Young.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

This chart is ridiculous. It basically says Mac Jones and Bryce don’t have guys who get separation and that Mac is significantly more inaccurate in the same situations as Bryce. 

But then the results:

Jones has a higher completion percent, more yards per attempt, higher QBR, higher rating, basically Bryce and Jones are close in performance this season. The only thing Bryce does better is Jones is on pace over 17 games to have 17 TDs and 17 INTs, where Bryce is on Pace for 17 TDs and 15 INT. 

Who is high on Mac Jones this season?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Varking said:

This chart is ridiculous. It basically says Mac Jones and Bryce don’t have guys who get separation and that Mac is significantly more inaccurate in the same situations as Bryce. 

But then the results:

Jones has a higher completion percent, more yards per attempt, higher QBR, higher rating, basically Bryce and Jones are close in performance this season. The only thing Bryce does better is Jones is on pace over 17 games to have 17 TDs and 17 INTs, where Bryce is on Pace for 17 TDs and 15 INT. 

Who is high on Mac Jones this season?

You have to factor dropped passes and missed targets. Mac just completely missed a wide open TE for the game winner. I’ve seen several of Young’s bounce off the heads of our TE in the end zone. 
The most misleading thing about this chart to me is the YPA. Young should be the most accurate with the lowest YPA. It does highlight our lack of selection issue to me at least. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You have to factor dropped passes and missed targets. Mac just completely missed a wide open TE for the game winner. I’ve seen several of Young’s bounce off the heads of our TE in the end zone. 
The most misleading thing about this chart to me is the YPA. Young should be the most accurate with the lowest YPA. It does highlight our lack of selection issue to me at least. 

It highlight our receivers inability to get any separation on deep routes. Accuracy does play a part of the equation but without playmakers, this offense will always be limited. Just ask Tua what a difference having a Hill/Waddle tandem makes while we traded away our very own.

And Thielen has reliable hands to make tight catches but he is no deep threat that's required to be a WR1 playmaker. He is more like an old Edelman past his prime. Reliable but cannot spread the offense down field and should never be anyone's number one guy.

19 hours ago, Stumpy said:

This chart is completely useless. It's only 2 variables are dependent on each other.

Look at the groupings. Those guys have nothing in common.

There are MVP candidates in all 4 quadrants.

This thread is dildos.

200.gif

Pretty much any metric that involves a completely arbitrary judgements like "highly accurate rate" and "separation" is going to be wide open for bias at the very least. Show the same set of plays to ten different observers and you're going to get a wide spectrum of opinions in terms of the level of accuracy and receiver separation in those plays.

That chart posted in the original post basically just amounts to "some dude's opinion, but in graph format instead of words".

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Chart in a vacuum can be misleading. I agree. However, paired with protection issues and lack of time go through progressions, becomes more useful. 

Honestly, the last 2 games have been exceptionally bad for Bryce. He's pressing to make a play but he's being conserviative at the same time to prevent turnovers. I think he doesn't trust his receivers to get open or make the catch/play, and he doesn't trust his protection to allow him to go through progressions. Tough spot for any QB, particularly as the #1 pick in the draft. 

Protection appears to be improving (not sure that'll hold true against Dallas) along with receivers getting open. Now it's up to Bryce to settle down and make plays. Hopefully he can shake off the PTSD from the previous 7 games. I think he can. That's why he was chosen #1. Not for his physical abilities, but more for his ability to adjust mentally. Not sure how Reich calling plays impacts everything. I think he pulled the gun too early taking back playcalling. If Tepper is forcing this move, directly or indirectly, then he really needs to take a step back. 

• Pie 1

On 11/17/2023 at 5:06 AM, *FreeFua* said:

These charts can be misleading

There are numerous examples where Bryce isn’t pulling the trigger on throws with guys open

His slow processing time is definitely attributing to some of the separation issues on these graphs 

He has the FASTEST processing time of any QB coming out of the draft. Even CJ has stated when ask that he wish he can process as fast and poise as Bryce has on pressure plays. That's why Bryce is the top choice for NFL teams.

3 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

He has the FASTEST processing time of any QB coming out of the draft. Even CJ has stated when ask that he wish he can process as fast and poise as Bryce has on pressure plays. That's why Bryce is the top choice for NFL teams.

Maybe you’ve been living under a rock for the past few months but it’s November and the draft was in April. That sh!t don’t matter anymore 

• Flames 4

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Maybe you’ve been living under a rock for the past few months but it’s November and the draft was in April. That sh!t don’t matter anymore 

Duh really...like i didn't know that. You blame Bryce for trying to win in a almost impossible no won situation running this joke of an offense. Had we drafted CJ, he would be struggling just the same id not worse while everyone on this forum would accuse his slow processing speed based on his low s2 score as proof instead of listening to all the film study and sport analysis stating that Bryce should have been the top choice which Tepper failed to listen.