• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I don’t know why they haven’t moved him (Ickey) to guard yet”

ncfan

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Didn't he just have back to back solid weeks?  He has definitely struggled in this new scheme, but he looked decent these past couple games.  Lets get a good LG beside him and see if he looks better first.  That BC injury killed us.  Worst case scenario is what @LinvilleGorge suggested and we switch BC and Icky next year.  We really need a good center though.  Bozeman looks awful in our scheme.  Also depth (obviously) has to be addressed.

Wasn’t he getting worked in preseason and regular season pre Brady injury as well.  I believe this was the big talking point in preseason was him looking awful now that he didn’t have the TE over helping him this year.

Just now, ncfan said:

Wasn’t he getting worked in preseason and regular season pre Brady injury as well.  I believe this was the big talking point in preseason was him looking awful now that he didn’t have the TE over helping him this year.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-colts-week-9-2023-pff-grades-bryce-young-miles-sanders-brian-burns/

Week 9 he was our second highest offensive player.  Week 10 he was one of the best graded OL in the NFL.  It makes sense he was struggling early, but he is currently trending up (Dallas will make him drop again I'm sure).  It would be nice if he could get some consistency beside him with a decent LG as well.  That might be hurting Bozeman too.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Didn't one of the coaches say he did zero work in the offseason on his footwork? Maybe it took ten weeks of practice to get him up to speed. Makes you wonder what will happen when he  spends his spring and summer sitting on the couch playing video games again though.  He's working toward costing himself a lot in salary if he gets viewed as a guard over a LT. 

34 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-colts-week-9-2023-pff-grades-bryce-young-miles-sanders-brian-burns/

Week 9 he was our second highest offensive player.  Week 10 he was one of the best graded OL in the NFL.  It makes sense he was struggling early, but he is currently trending up (Dallas will make him drop again I'm sure).  It would be nice if he could get some consistency beside him with a decent LG as well.  That might be hurting Bozeman too.  

This is why I don’t use PFF as gospel.  Because was or was not Ickey on Sweat all Thursday night.

Sweat lead the Bears with a massive 8 QB pressures.

I Still laugh at the days where PFF gave Matt Kalil a good graded on some games despite looking like a turnstile and getting Cam killed.

Edited by ncfan

16 minutes ago, ncfan said:

This is why I don’t use PFF as gospel.  Because was or was not Ickey on Sweat all Thursday night.

Sweat lead the Bears with a massive 8 QB pressures.

I Still laugh at the days where PFF gave Matt Kalil a good graded on some games despite looking like a turnstile and getting Cam killed.

I don't think he was on him all night.  They moved him around.  He only allowed one pressure.  

https://www.chicagobears.com/video/darnell-mooney-s-burst-thayer-s-playbook

Here is a video of him against Moton and then Icky.  Even on the one with Icky if Young didn't run into the pressure on the right side he may have been fine.  Not sure how PFF grades that.  Young was already down and Icky kind of gave up when he saw that.  

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Or stop ruining his value, trade him for a first and draft a good OG in the 3rd...

He can play LT in other schemes. I hope he asks to be traded if they try this. Spending a 6th pick on the Guard to prop up this offense is more mistakes on top of the last ones. Just run a mauler O the rest of the year, build up values and sell the lineman that can't do zone blocking well. Or piss away more value leaving a gapping hole at LT and not LG the rest of the year. 

Bruh no one is giving a 1st for Ickey

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Not sure where your getting “rooting for this man to fail” from.

There much worse things said about our QB which I’m sure you’ve partaken in.

It was tongue in cheek based on his own remarks about Bryce Young criticism.

He's consistently dogged on Icky while wailing about any Bryce Young criticism.

I'm sure he can speak for himself but I appreciate you trying to mediate that's very kind of you.

The thing with him is he looked at minimum serviceable last year. Who were his QB's? Dogwater. So if we're willing to eviscerate the staff and Reich's scheme to run cover for the struggles at one position we should be willing to see what he looks like under different circumstances next season too.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

The thing with him is he looked at minimum serviceable last year. Who were his QB's? Dogwater. So if we're willing to eviscerate the staff and Reich's scheme to run cover for the struggles at one position we should be willing to see what he looks like under different circumstances next season too.

He was solid his rookie year. Started off rough (first game against Garrett was clearly bad) but had like 9 plus games without giving up a sack. He was coming in raw as a pass blocker and now we completely switched schemes on him in year 2. We need a center and BC back plus a year in this system and he should be better.

We really should have considered our whole OL and roster when we were deciding on a QB…

• Beer 1