• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick 6 was 100% on Mingo

thebdawg

Just now, Fright said:

It’s ok to just say Bryce sucks, he doesn’t need to be defended for all of his now numerous mistakes. You’ll come around eventually, many of his supporters have already. 

Bryce is a great dude.  I'm sure he'd make a heck of a coach some day.  He's just not cut out to play in the NFL.  Being physically limited was okay in high school. At 'Bama he had one of the best rosters in the country to support him.   Now, he's on a limited roster and the defenses he faces every week are like him facing Georgia's D every game.  The odds finally caught up to Young of being undersized when it comes to playing at the highest level of football. 

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's coping.

You know what was the right decision? Throwing to wide open Tremble because the Cowboys busted the coverage. He was literally completely uncovered.

At some point you have to start accepting reality and stop making excuses.

Not really.  Bryce is reading Mingo first before Tremble. Mingo is open so Bryce throws the ball. There is no reason for Bryce to progress to Tremble because Mingo is open. If Mingo doesn’t drift up field on the crosser, it’s a completion. Nothing wrong with Bryce’s process here. And nothing really wrong with the throw either. 

I’m a Bryce believer, I will admit that. But I will also be realistic and recognize he needs to play better. He’s not blameless in our offensive woes. But this play isn’t his fault. It was good quarterbacking process combined with poor route running combined with a great play by the DB. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

You had to go edit the post bc you didn’t think to talk about football first. Mingo drifted 2 entire yards upfield. I am not saying it was a great throw. I am not saying it was the right decision. And you are right, it probably would have been a short gain or an incompletion. But that should never have ended up as a pick 6.

We can talk about players other than Bryce sucking. With average receiver play that was a null play. With Mingo it is a touchdown for the other team.

I went back to edit to actually give you a serious response and not just mock you.

But seriously...

The title is hilarious. The pick is 100% someone else fault while you're already admitting it was a bad read and the ball should've been thrown to someone else because the D blew a coverage. But yeah, it's 100% someone else's fault. Then the throw was such a dead duck that a trailing defender was still able to undercut the route and jump it to get the INT, but yet it was still 100% someone else's fault.

Maximum cope has been achieved. I honestly should've just left post as the cutting snark the thread deserves.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

No that one is on Bryce. 

He was making that same throw all game and was getting predictable. It was also tight coverage and the only way that throw should have been attempted was to throw it over top of Mingo where it couldn’t be cut off.

The thing is he did throw it over top of Mingo. That’s why Mingo drifted upfield. 

3 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

Not really.  Bryce is reading Mingo first before Tremble. Mingo is open so Bryce throws the ball. There is no reason for Bryce to progress to Tremble because Mingo is open. If Mingo doesn’t drift up field on the crosser, it’s a completion. Nothing wrong with Bryce’s process here. And nothing really wrong with the throw either. 

I’m a Bryce believer, I will admit that. But I will also be realistic and recognize he needs to play better. He’s not blameless in our offensive woes. But this play isn’t his fault. It was good quarterbacking process combined with poor route running combined with a great play by the DB. 

You know what would've kept it from getting picked? A throw delivered with NFL velocity. If a trailing defender can undercut a route with an on target ball, the ball got there too slow. Mingo drifting one yard up the field did not get the ball picked. If he doesn't drift the best case scenario is that the pass is broken up instead of picked. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I went back to edit to actually give you a serious response and not just mock you.

But seriously...

The title is hilarious. The pick is 100% someone else fault while you're already admitting it was a bad read and the ball should've been thrown to someone else because the D blew a coverage. But yeah, it's 100% someone else's fault. Then the throw was such a dead duck that a trailing defender was still able to undercut the route and jump it to get the INT, but yet it was still 100% someone else's fault.

Maximum cope has been achieved. I honestly should've just left post as the cutting snark the thread deserves.

Let me clear this up for you. Bryce played terrible. Bryce sucks. Bryce might suck really bad. 

But this specific play was an instance of Jonathan Mingo sucking. 

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's coping.

You know what was the right decision? Throwing to wide open Tremble because the Cowboys busted the coverage. He was literally completely uncovered.

At some point you have to start accepting reality and stop making excuses.

Bryce doesn't have the arm strength to throw that pass. It is a lame duck on a string, and everyone knows he is going to throw it. He doesn't look down field when he is flushed and looks for that 5yd flat pass.

8 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

The thing is he did throw it over top of Mingo. That’s why Mingo drifted upfield. 

Didn’t look like it to me man. Throw should have been overtop Mingos left shoulder where only he can reach it.

Bryce hasn’t shown the velocity to drill a WR in stride. 

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 1