• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce showed nothing today

Martin

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

i wonder if his mechanics were this bad the past 2 years at bama?

Probably, people tend to keep bad habits as they get older rather that create new ones.  This is why I am so weary of QBs from top, I should say elite, college programs.  The amount talent around them is so damn good that it masks deficiencies.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

i wonder if his mechanics were this bad the past 2 years at bama?

It’s really seems to be how he comfortably plays in the gun. It’s just how he sets his feet. Someone pointed it out during the draft season in a thread and Kurt Warner has even talked about it.

He does the slow backup with his feet parallel to the LOS, then this weird hop step to eventually position himself into his dropback. It is sloppy and wastes time for throwing at the top of routes effectively. He relied on out of structure at Bama a lot so seemed to get used to doing this— because he eventually rolled out to get clear sight lines.

• Pie 1

We played a good team and got whooped as most expected. Where were these excuses when we played inferior competition and one of the worst teams in the league in the Bears and could not reach the end zone once?

Bryce Young's in season Super Bowl was the Texans game and we struggled mightily to muster 15 points.

Just now, frankw said:

We played a good team and got whooped as most expected. Where were these excuses when we played inferior competition and one of the worst teams in the league in the Bears and could not reach the end zone once?

Bryce Young's in season Super Bowl was the Texans game and we struggled mightily to muster 15 points.

Walk off FG too.  We lose if Eddie missed it, so even that win was dicey.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Olsen, Parsons, multiple NFL analysts, and QB gurus tell us Bryce’s eval is incomplete due to the terrible situation he’s in, and we’re supposed to take huddle posters’ opinions that Bryce isn’t NFL material why?

If it were up to many people here on the huddle we would have drafted the QB who is on pace for one of the best rookie seasons ever and in MVP talks.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, TN05 said:

No. Bryce has to play out this year and all of 2024. We have to know absolutely for sure that there's nothing salvageable before we draft #1 in 2025.

2023, I'd agree.

Said elsewhere I think they need a veteran competitor for next year though (as opposed to strictly a mentor).

5 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

History says a lot of franchise QBs weren’t in their rookie seasons. Anything else?

History saying short QB have very little success. Don’t give a damn about the history of normal QBs who had a bad rookie season. Bryce is not normal. 
You could count the amount of successful short QBs in the entire NFL history on two hands. 
Bryce would be an exception. He is right now the rule.