• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Unofficial GM/HC candidate list

methodtoll

52 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

I mean if she’s the best candidate and ends up doing a good job, it shouldn’t matter honestly. I’ve seen some interviews with her and she’s sounds the part. 

I’m just glad Tepper was reportedly active in talking with potential GM’s at the league meetings. It at least makes me think he’ll do the right thing and start completely fresh.

I haven't researched her yet.

Plan to, though...

I'm not all doom and gloom about the upcoming hiring cycle. It's early yet, though.  My interest in this offseason will increase dramatically once I know it's a complete reset, which I think is very likely to happen.  Plus have to see what other jobs come open and what candidates will emerge from those potential firings and so forth. As for who I think this team should get? A real leader. I don't care whether the coach is pro or anti Bryce Young, none of that matters too me.  Get the best *possible* coach no matter if they are Offensive or Defensive, the rest will shake out.

Honestly anyone from a FO with consistent success in the draft is what I prefer. Our team used to be built similarly to the Ravens so that’s honestly a good place to look. I can’t remember the last time they full on had a terrible draft. HC is more of a crap shoot. It depends on how much control they want the HC to have and what type of offensive identity they prefer. I for one think we should be a smash mouth rushing team with a QB that compliments that rather than being asked to do it all. Jim Harbaugh comes to mind initially but there are always going to be reservations with him. Ben Johnson’s offense looks great against most teams but some defensive buzz saws have been able to brutally expose their weaknesses. There is no perfect hire but I feel some of the best from previous cycles we’ve missed out on. There’s hopefully some diamonds in the rough like a Frank Smith, Ben Johnson, or Mike Macdonald but I’m all for a new approach from Tepper his money has talked but decisions have not walked since buying the team. 

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I cannot envision a scenario where they let tomlin walk.  I could see a trade to a team but I doubt they outright fire him.

I don't think it's possible this year.

Speculation is s that it might be next year though, if things don't get better.

Edited by Mr. Scot