• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Years of bad decisions

PantherPhann89

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Cam had 1 year 20 mil left.

I fixed it. I forgot that and had to look it up.

Would he have played on it tho? Weren't they saying he was considering not playing or was that the team's reasoning?

Edited by Waldo

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Could have sworn Cam had said in an interview that he would have played for the last year of his contract. 

That was after they signed TB in that akward time before they released him late? I don't remember hearing anything before that move.

I swear it's like i am subconsciously blocking my NFL memories. I guess that is my coping mechinism.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

I knew something was seriously wrong when Fitt brought in Sam Darnold and thought he'd be our franchise QB. Even picked the 5th year option because he was that confident in his decision. I couldn't understand why we were trading a 2nd and 4th for Sam. No other team made an offer, and Sam was probably going to be cut or traded for lower round draft picks if we waited. Sam was a proven loser time and time again. Why trade so much for him and pick up his option? Why? Get him for peanuts and don't pick up the option.

After the Sam disaster I knew something was fundamentally wrong with Fitt. He over offers on players who might not even be in the league in a few years. Not good. Any time a big decision needs to be made he screws it up. Why not trade Burns for 2 firsts and a second? What good our his sacks doing us now? Those picks were crucial to rebuild this mess. I truly hate Fitt.

What I said above is what I said at the time. I said those things in the moment when Fitt was making the decision. That's not hindsight 20/20. I said it at the time, and those were the correct decisions. I'm no football guru and I had the basic common sense to know what was right. We have a GM who simply doesn't know what he's doing at all. Clearly.

The most soul crushing players in Panthers history have been brought here by Fitt on bad deals. And now here we are with a rookie praying he will pan out. Well the team around him is hot garbage and Fitt built that team.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

Don't stop there, keep going.......

Wasting the best QB we will EVER have in Cam with Rivera and Shula smh

Drafting oversized WRs that can't run routes over actual receivers for Cam

Having Byron Bell and Nate fuggin Chandler protect your franchise hall of fame QB

Continuing to play Cam in meaningless games after that Chargers game when he was clearly hurt, which was the start of the end with Cam

Rescinding Norman's tag for no godamn reason right AFTER our superbowl season

Wasting 3 picks on CBS in that draft because of that decision

Trading for Gilmore and then not resigning him even though he wanted to be here

Drafting Horn over Surtain when Surtain was the consensus best CB on the board

Continuing to pay RBs big money in the modern NFL

It's fuggin endless with this sh*t franchise.

Frank Reich’s offensive scheme makes Mike Shula look like a god damned genius in comparison 

3 hours ago, BrianS said:

You're wrong on multiple counts. 

Cam was toast and needed to go.  We didn't handle it well, at all, but the decision was the right one.  The potential compensatory pick for Cam is a flea on the a^# of the issue.

Bridgewater had a three year contract.  He should have been here for all of it.  How much did we sacrifice for deciding Bridgewater wasn't our guy after one year?  The mistake wasn't signing Bridgewater, though perhaps we overpaid a bit, the mistake was getting rid of him. 

How many draft picks did we surrender by cutting TB5?  How many players did we then get rid of because of it?  How much dead cap did we incur?  It was an absolutely horror show, and it all goes back to our owner not being patient.  Make no mistake, our owner drove the QB frenzy train.

The biggest knock on Teddy was he couldn’t seal the deal if the game was in the line. However he was worlds better than anyone we have played at QB since

15 hours ago, TN05 said:

This team succeeded in spite of the front office for so long and now that our stars are gone it's all melting down. We've sold off all our talent for nothing and have nobody to replace them and no Cam, Luke, or anyone to fall on

Yes we've had intermediate success with a short stint of consistency, but yes you're right. 

Cam situation was handled poorly and the repercussions to that decision still have an effect on this team currently

whether they wanted to move on from cam or not the plan for a replacement was handled poorly, still is being handled poorly years later 

organizational failure, even through all the mediocre, the only blue chip talent we seem to still have from constant failure is Brian burns lol and he was drafted when hurney was here still, it’s laughable bad top to bottom  

25 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Cam situation was handled poorly and the repercussions to that decision still have an effect on this team currently

whether they wanted to move on from cam or not the plan for a replacement was handled poorly, still is being handled poorly years later 

organizational failure, even through all the mediocre, the only blue chip talent we seem to still have from constant failure is Brian burns lol and he was drafted when hurney was here still, it’s laughable bad top to bottom  

It's indeed sad. We drafted our Franchise QB in Cam and like you said, failed to build around him, the same as now, an offensive line. If Cam had an offensive line he would've played a few more years, easily...