• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers GameDay thread!

Zod

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Wow, I'm not even sure how to even respond to that.  I mean if this was a 8-year old girls soccer team, I guess losing is okay as long as they get pizza party and participation ribbon at the end of the season.

Dude, you are literally beating a dead horse.  We get it, it's all Young's fault.  This entire season was ruined the minute we drafted him. 

We can't be objective and fair, Bryce sucks plain and simple and is dragging this team down.  We need to just cut him right now and roll with Dalton and Luton backing him up.  (I think we got Luton back?)

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Confirmed...

The check is essentially going to be the playcall from the jump.  Because everyone knew the Titans were going to come for Bryce in that scenario.  If you hit it right?? Frank didn't even have the WR they plan they play for in.  

end of the day, game on the line, Frank called a BS screen…a WR that wasn’t designed for. 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Wow, I'm not even sure how to even respond to that.  I mean if this was a 8-year old girls soccer team, I guess losing is okay as long as they get pizza party and participation ribbon at the end of the season.

What does fans feeling good practically accomplish?

It'll perhaps benefit people trying to keep their jobs, but it doesn't really mean anything.

4 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Dude, you are literally beating a dead horse.  We get it, it's all Young's fault.  This entire season was ruined the minute we drafted him. 

We can't be objective and fair, Bryce sucks plain and simple and is dragging this team down.  We need to just cut him right now and roll with Dalton and Luton backing him up.  (I think we got Luton back?)

All Young's fault?  No.  But he's clearly hit his ceiling this season and I don't see the benefit of trotting him out there each week with the same results.  Is his psyche so fragile that taking a few games off is worse than regressing on the field?  It's like some of you are such entrenched Young supporters that benching him is WAY worse that losing out the rest of the season. Lord forbid we win a game with Bryce on the bench...we can't have that!

Luton is back on the practice squad, FYI.

• Beer 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

All Young's fault?  No.  But he's clearly hit his ceiling this season and I don't see the benefit of trotting him out there each week with the same results.  Is his psyche so fragile that taking a few games off is worse than regressing on the field?  It's like some of you are such entrenched Young supporters that benching him is WAY worse that losing out the rest of the season. Lord forbid we win a game with Bryce on the bench...we can't have that!

he has shitty footwork, cant see the field and his arm is weak as fug but lets keep making excuses for him

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What does fans feeling good practically accomplish?

It'll perhaps benefit people trying to keep their jobs, but it doesn't really mean anything.

You are baffling me today Mr. Scott. Frank might as well tell the entire coaching staff to have a good Christmas because they are all likely getting fired as there's no interest in winning--unless Bryce is the QB.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

You are baffling me today Mr. Scott. Frank might as well tell the entire coaching staff to have a good Christmas because they are all likely getting fired as there's no interest in winning--unless Bryce is the QB.

I'm not saying they're going to stop trying.

I'm saying it doesn't really mean anything practical, except to them.

It's not going to make the team situation any better.

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I don't personally feel like he needs to be in there, if anything he'll get killed by the end of the season behind this patchwork, garage sale offensive line we have.  I have no problem with him sitting....at all.

I just haven't passed final judgement on him as an NFL QB because of EVERYTHING that has happened to this team this year.  So many injuries, not the greatest collection of offensive talent....etc. etc.

I almost think he should have just been the backup this year.  Whoever made the choice to take him (and it looks more and more like it was the Teppers), so it is what it is....can't blame him for everything is all I am stating. 

Bad personnel, bad scheme, coaching that doesn't adjust to what's happening at least offensively and here we are.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I don't personally feel like he needs to be in there, if anything he'll get killed by the end of the season behind this patchwork, garage sale offensive line we have.  I have no problem with him sitting....at all.

I just haven't passed final judgement on him as an NFL QB because of EVERYTHING that has happened to this team this year.  So many injuries, not the greatest collection of offensive talent....etc. etc.

I almost think he should have just been the backup this year.  Whoever made the choice to take him (and it looks more and more like it was the Teppers), so it is what it is....can't blame him for everything is all I am stating. 

Bad personnel, bad scheme, coaching that doesn't adjust to what's happening at least offensively and here we are.

I agree with your post.  Young got dealt a bad hand with everything that has gone on this season. For that very reason, he should be put on the shelf. Nothing good could come out of keeping him in there.  Reps for the sake of getting reps is not always a positive learning experience. Demoralization and potential injury is what he has to look forward to if he continues to start these last several games.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

he has shitty footwork, cant see the field and his arm is weak as fug but lets keep making excuses for him

He does have crappy footwork, it's something that he should and the coaches should already recognize and should be working on.

Not sure that he can't see the field because he typically doesn't have a lot of time to go through his progressions without having to figure out which way to run for his life.  Throw in the fact that his receivers aren't getting separation and that's a bad combo.  Thielen was his outlet most of the season and the Titans doubled him and took him away.  If the Panthers were smarter they probably could have had Thielen clear out underneath the corners/linebackers and had the RBs and TEs catch passes underneath all day.  I saw maybe two such plays.

I am not sure of his arm strength.  He's made some throws that take a good amount of strength, but really I haven't seen him have plays where he really needs to rope one from one hash to the opposite sideline.  I do wonder what his arm strength really is.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not saying they're going to stop trying.

I'm saying it doesn't really mean anything practical, except to them.

It's not going to make the team situation any better.

You underestimate the power of a victory then.  I was on some bad teams when I played sports as a young man. Those few wins made us feel really damn good about ourselves even if we knew deep down we were still a bad squad.

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

And you’ll flip to one of those people begging him for an autograph when the winning comes 

No way in hell.  I’ve never asked anyone for an autograph and never will.  That is one of the stupidest things anyone could want. Unless it comes on the bottom of a check made out to me. 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Confirmed...

Holy hell, he should just keep his mouth shut at this point. HE is responsible for the design of this O and constantly calling plays that players are not capable of running is telling. 

What an all-star coaching staff, the players literally cannot perform what is being expected of them.