• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers GameDay thread!

Zod

8 minutes ago, 33inNC said:

Holy hell, he should just keep his mouth shut at this point. HE is responsible for the design of this O and constantly calling plays that players are not capable of running is telling. 

What an all-star coaching staff, the players literally cannot perform what is being expected of them. 

I actually think most of the position coaches are doing their job.

It's the stuff going on above their level that's bad.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I actually think most of the position coaches are doing their job.

It's the stuff going on above their level that's bad.

I think Evero has done an admirable job with the defense with basically the entire secondary and a lot of our defense hurt at one point or another.

Deuce is a good RB coach, I think he's helped Hubbard have a little more attitude when he runs.  I am not sure about Sanders, although I think he's playing hurt and for that I give him some credit.....CMC didn't play when "hurt."

I believe Mingo is making some progress as WR and Thielen has played well, I don't think Chark is in the right system to help us and TMJ is a child so not sure about the WR coach.

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

We'd probably be winning this division if we just kept Baker, CMC, DJ, and simply got a new head coach.

At least Baker/Darnold/Corral could threaten a secondary with a deep ball. I swear Bryce throws at like 40mph, CJ and AR were throwing 60mph at the combine which Bryce opted out of 

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, 45catfan said:

You are baffling me today Mr. Scott. Frank might as well tell the entire coaching staff to have a good Christmas because they are all likely getting fired as there's no interest in winning--unless Bryce is the QB.

I has been that since day 1.

Bryce or bust.

Agree or disagree makes no difference it is all about junior.

That is their plan or was their plan, they don't have another one. 

They need another plan.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

I has been that since day 1.

Bryce or bust.

Agree or disagree makes no difference it is all about junior.

That is their plan or was their plan, they don't have another one. 

They need another plan.

As dumb of moves as Rhule made, he knew that drafting a rookie QB would lead to his dismissal.  That said, he sucked at evaluating FA QBs too.  If you look at HCs who have been tethered to a rookie QB, it's often a short stint, VERY short.  The rookie QB always gets the benefit of a doubt despite how bad they look.  Josh Rosen is the only one I can think of that got the swift axe. Otherwise, signing up to take over a team knowing you are drafting a rookie QB is like playing Russian roulette with your career.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

This story is still out there...

It "Seems", lol

Don't get me wrong, there is a chance that Frank wanted Stroud, I'm not saying he didn't, but a lot of the articles are inferring things. 

The only articles from reputable, connected reporters (the guys you tend to take as gospel), where they actually put a name to a QB, tend to say both Fitt and Frank liked Bryce from the start. That was said around draft time and even recently.  

You were quick to post the article where they had the magical moment when they both revealed their choice to each other.

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

It "Seems", lol

Don't get me wrong, there is a chance that Frank wanted Stroud, I'm not saying he didn't, but a lot of the articles are inferring things. 

The only articles from reputable, connected reporters (the guys you tend to take as gospel), where they actually put a name to a QB, tend to say both Fitt and Frank liked Bryce from the start. That was said around draft time and even recently.  

You were quick to post the article where they had the magical moment when they both revealed their choice to each other.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My point exactly, these reports don't tell me anything definitive.  Holders piece says the owner engages, ok, so waht, that doesn't say that Reich wanted Stroud.  Also in Stephan's tweet he says HE told Reich who he thought Frank wanted on his past comments.  Here again, he isn't reporting that Frank said he wanted him. 

Also the fact that someone reports that the owner heavily "influenced" the choice for Young doesn't mean that only Tepper wanted Young and nobody else did.

That is the problem with this entire narrative, just because Tepper liked Young the most that doesn't mean nobody else did.  Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

I do think there is a chance Frank might have preferred a different QB, totally possible but the fact is the only articles from connected sources that have specifically said who Frank liked stated he like Young, as did Fitt.