• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich's seat is "on fire"

Bear Hands

33 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

I wanna see Evero given the HC after Frank is fired.  He's a potential star in the making and honestly I don't know if we could get a more qualified candidate to come in.

I think Evero has proven himself enough that he won't touch this situation with a ten foot pole. All he has to do is sit back and keep making this pieced together unit look good. He will get ample HC opportunities in scenarios he will get a lot more control over.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

Just now, jayboogieman said:

They just want to see it so they can feel better about themselves and have more "ammo" that Young is a bust.

Yeah, I get it, Young hasn't looked good. He isn't the "ready to go" guy. 

IMO, as a Young guy, I am not saying he is a bust. This situation is just terrible for him. That said, Stroud is definitely better. We made the wrong choice.

I am fine yanking Young because I am not seeing much in the way of learning other than bad habits. Get to the offseason, get to work fixing that terrible footwork and hopefully get a better coaching staff and supporting cast.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I get it, Young hasn't looked good. He isn't the "ready to go" guy. 

IMO, as a Young guy, I am not saying he is a bust. This situation is just terrible for him. That said, Stroud is definitely better. We made the wrong choice.

I am fine yanking Young because I am not seeing much in the way of learning other than bad habits. Get to the offseason, get to work fixing that terrible footwork and hopefully get a better coaching staff and supporting cast.

If you start Dalton, Dalton will look better and this won't help Bryce at all

• Pie 1

Fitt is the one that needs to go.  He sucks at evaluating talent, drafting, and financial contract management.   Reich has his issues, but think about how much money Tepper would have to pay him after just having to pay big money to Rhule…..just saying I don’t think it will happen.

6 minutes ago, TN05 said:

If you start Dalton, Dalton will look better and this won't help Bryce at all

I am gonna guess that you haven't watched any games. If you had, you would know this has already happened. We still lost.

I guess if "prettier" losses is the goal...yay. 

The point being that literally not a single snap from this point to the end of the season is helping him. If this gets better, it will be marginally at best. This season is lost and so are any decent "learning" opportunities because this offense is complete chaos. 

It's probably literally better for everyone involved if he sits. Really regardless of the W's or L's.

1 minute ago, CBird said:

Fitt is the one that needs to go.  He sucks at evaluating talent, drafting, and financial contract management.   Reich has his issues, but think about how much money Tepper would have to pay him after just having to pay big money to Rhule…..just saying I don’t think it will happen.

I will wager Reich's seat is hotter than Fitterer's. I suspect that Tepper thinks more of Fitterer, because he's a fool.

• Pie 2

Not my money to burn. Do whatever you want tepper. Only thing we can be sure of 8s that you'll make a wrong decision followed by another and another and another....and it all started with your decision based on a foolish notion that you'd make a good professional sports team owner.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am gonna guess that you haven't watched any games. If you had, you would know this has already happened. We still lost.

I guess if "prettier" losses is the goal...yay. 

The point being that literally not a single snap from this point to the end of the season is helping him. If this gets better, it will be marginally at best. This season is lost and so are any decent "learning" opportunities because this offense is complete chaos. 

It's probably literally better for everyone involved if he sits. Really regardless of the W's or L's.

Highest point total for us on the season and third largest points against.  Wrong game for the defense to have a bad day. 

46 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Need a coach to come in, fix the oline, get some weapons, try to trade Bryce for anything and move forward.

...dipper thinks we are ready to win and contend now ignoring the depleted talent. He will not have the patience to rebuild the right way which would be about 2 to 3 year endeavor. Thats why we are going to roll thru coaches forever. We need a plan and stick to it....it wont happen tho. Frank sure isn't the guy to do it.

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I will wager Reich's seat is hotter than Fitterer's. I suspect that Tepper thinks more of Fitterer, because he's a fool.

They both deserve to go and should.  Reich is just more likely at this point in the season if Tepper wants to make noise/or test something else out before the year wraps.  

Fitterer and the scouting dept. have shown very little in their ability to target the right guys, and it's not like Tepper is there dictating everything in R2 and beyond.  Pretty much zilch in the 2nd round and beyond.  We whiffed with so many good offensive skill position guys killing it this year as rookies the past two seasons.  We finally took an LT one year too late who now looks awful.  And the only 1st rounder in this new era that seems to safely avoided bust status is the guy Rhule drafted when he had full control (D Brown). 

A full tear down is needed, reset, new GM and coach brought in together, then check out Bryce in 2024 with a newly assembled staff and offense.  If he's still crap, then yeah, we're probably talking QB in 2025.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1