• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Jerry Richardson ever alienate the fanbase as much as Tepper has?

TheBigKat

I am sitting here thinking about The Big Cat's ownership and did he ever really rile up the fans as much as Tepper has?

A few incidents I remember is he riled up the NFLPA with is dumb pie chart but that was the lockout time, not really the fanbase

I know the shield annoyed some fans, but whatever to me on that

When it came time to open up the wallet for players Smith, Cam, Luke, Gross, Charles Johnson we never lost out on our own FAs due to being "cheap"

Never really heard of him meddling with player matters unless you really believe Brentin Bersin was on this team because he was his neighbor

We all use to laugh watching him at the game as he was almost always half comatose and asleep

In comparison to Tepper

fumbled badly Rock Hill

messed up his coaching / GM carosel

tried to get rid of keep pounding

known to be meddling in personnel matters

VERY cringy wife who is basically a certified Yenta

SOUR1.jpg

Edited by TheBigKat
  • Beer 1

Nope. JR wasn't a great owner by any means but he at least brought us occasional success, competency and a team in the first place. He was done dirty, and honestly if he had any interest in fighting for his team he wouldn't have been forced out. Kraft, Jones, Irsay, others have all done much worse than JR ever did. I was happy at first with JR going as he wasn't the best owner, but man since Tepper took over I've been wishing we had JR back. Or that that SC billionaire dude or the former 49ers owner bought it instead. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Between the use of a racial slur on a scout and general sexual harassment, I feel pretty safe in saying he definitely alienated a pretty solid portion of the fanbase on a deeper level.

If you were going to strip Richardson of ownership over jeans Friday then the Cowboys and Patriots also needed new owners

article-2717451-204BBD2800000578-760_634x515.jpg

sddefault.jpg

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, CanMan11 said:

Bring Cam back this off-season sign Higgins make it better

Bring back Cam?  I loved him as well but come on man, his time is done and the poor guy can't do what he once did I'm quite sure. I wish we could have a young first year Cam all over again but it just isn't going to happen and we have to accept that era is over forever. I miss him too and know what you mean but I don't think he can be super Cam any longer

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

We’ve entered a parallel universe, where the Huddle waxes longingly for the return of Jerry Richardson and Sam Darnold…

IMG_1992.jpeg

Under JR yes we had the 1-15 year and the John Fox lame duck year but damn we weren't in a constant news cycle of horrific management decisions

• Beer 1