• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Jerry Richardson ever alienate the fanbase as much as Tepper has?

TheBigKat

1 minute ago, TheBigKat said:

was that the lockout year? I am trying to recall what he did specifically 

original.jpg

Yeah, I remember a LOT of Panthers fans hating him around this time.  We weren't spending any money and Fox was the ultimate lame duck coach, it felt like we were just throwing away a season.

Was it as bad as the Tepper hate?  Maybe, maybe not... but it was close IMO.  I wonder how much the heat would have intensified if we never got Cam.

Edited by Mage
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Bring back Cam?  I loved him as well but come on man, his time is done and the poor guy can't do what he once did I'm quite sure. I wish we could have a young first year Cam all over again but it just isn't going to happen and we have to accept that era is over forever. I miss him too and know what you mean but I don't think he can be super Cam any longer

I get what he's saying. Even if he's completely done it'd still be better and more entertaining than the garbage we're seeing now. Even simple completions feel like 50/50 balls. It's bad when we collectively fist pump over a first down to move the chains once every few drives. 

25 minutes ago, Mage said:

Yeah, I remember a LOT of Panthers fans hating him around this time.  We weren't spending any money and Fox was the ultimate lame duck coach, it felt like we were just throwing away a season.

Was it as bad as the Tepper hate?  Maybe, maybe not... but it was close IMO.  I wonder how much the heat would have intensified if we never got Cam.

Remember this place the day Luck went back to school…whoooo buddy.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

If you were going to strip Richardson of ownership over jeans Friday then the Cowboys and Patriots also needed new owners

article-2717451-204BBD2800000578-760_634x515.jpg

sddefault.jpg

I would say I can't believe it because of how absurd it is, but obviously rich dudes like Kraft are on a different level, but it's still crazy to me how that situation just got immediately swept under the rug. dude was getting rub and tugs from human trafficked underage girls and nothing ever came out of it. such bullshit

• Pie 1

Just now, t96 said:

I would say I can't believe it because of how absurd it is, but obviously rich dudes like Kraft are on a different level, but it's still crazy to me how that situation just got immediately swept under the rug. dude was getting rub and tugs from human trafficked underage girls and nothing ever came out of it. such bullshit

wouldn't be surprised if he visited Epstein Island honestly, he comes across as a smug dirty old man

Jerry Richardson was a mid owner who at least understood what kind of team and players would succeed in the Carolinas. David Tepper is a Pittsburgh guy who has NO idea what he was getting into buying a southern football team. It’s so unnatural and forced and it shows on the field. He’s hired two head coaches with strong connections to Pennsylvania and bypassed the one coach who sniffed any kind of on field success who happened to be a Charlotte guy. It’s insane what a bad fit Tepper is to own the Panthers. He really does need to sell the team, for our sake and probably his own. 

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

He really does need to sell the team, for our sake and probably his own. 

unless death or being forced out, these teams are never up for sale. They are literally a printing press of money.

The 32 owners in the NFL have just as much power as a group together as POTUS. They literally own television on Sunday, Monday, Thursday nights. Without the NFL, live TV as a whole is dead

• Pie 1

The '01 and '10 seasons were bad, but I don't remember the absolute vitriol towards him as there is towards Tepper currently.  Was I happy about those teams? No, but I didn't think ownership was the problem, I thought ownership would hire the right coaches to fix the problem.  Now, I'm convinced ownership 100% is the problem.

• Pie 1

I don’t miss JR. League just chose wrong when it came time to pick a new owner. The dude from Charleston should’ve been the guy. Honestly, since the ousting of JR, it’s been constant wrong choice after wrong choice for this franchise, from the picking of our owner, the picking of coaches, and the pickings of our QBs. Whatever decision they make, you can safely take it to the bank that the other choice should’ve been made, and we picked wrong. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

unless death or being forced out, these teams are never up for sale. They are literally a printing press of money.

The 32 owners in the NFL have just as much power as a group together as POTUS. They literally own television on Sunday, Monday, Thursday nights. Without the NFL, live TV as a whole is dead

If he continues to ruin the on field product and alienate the fanbase he will probably have to move the team. There will be no new stadium deal, he already botched the team HQ in Rock Hill, and add on the stress of the fanbase hating him more and more. They will rack up 10 losing seasons at this rate.