• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Analytics: Bryce Young 431 of 431 QBs since 2011 in yards per dropback

TN05

30 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Part of the reason why the OLine is struggling is that teams have literally zero fear of Young beating them over the top - so they're happy 'gambling' and sending blitzes. 

Everyone on defence is within 10 yards of the LOS and half of them are threatening to blitz every down - it must be a nightmare for the OLine. 

yes and absolutely kills our run game

• Pie 1

I try to avoid this place most days, and this thread is yet another reminder...

This fanbase deserves the inevitable with all these comments...

Yep, it's absolutely Bryce's fault, he's holding us back...

I just can't... I've been to almost every Panthers home game over the past 18 years.

Bryce is a good QB in an impossible situation.  If I'm BY9's agent or parents, I am trying to get him as far away from this dysfunction as fast as possible.

I watched every single Panthers home game in 2011.  Rookie Cam had Smitty, Olsen, Shockey, D-Will, & J-Stew along with an offensive line that still had Jordan Gross and Ryan Kalil.  And people still thought Cam didn't "elevate" that team enough.  

Do you honestly think rookie Cam is doing any better with this cast?  More rushing yards maybe, but definitely no more productive in the air.

Absolutely no QB ever is producing with immediate interior pressure almost every snap.  What happened to Mahomes in the Bucs SB?  Same thing.  

Most franchises would sit a rookie in this situation to protect him from an impossible situation, but we gave up too much and misjudged our situation too much to go back now.

This is unequivocally the worst offensive line in franchise history.  One on the worst interiors in league history in terms of pressure %.  And yet the reality-free commentary flows...

I guarantee you no one on this board wants BY9 gone more than those people who actually care about him.  This situation is honestly even worse than Urban Meyer & Trevor Lawrence in Jacksonville.

Nick Saban, Bill O'Brien, and a litany of former coaches & players know how good BY9 is.

But this fanbase seems hellbent on running Bryce off just like everyone else.

When Belichick or someone else snaps up BY9 after we foolishly let him go and he turns into Brees 2.0 with a competent franchise, I hope our fanbase is content.

B/c just like CMC, DJ Moore, and Baker Mayfield, I would bet every dollar I own the problem is not the players but this franchise.

It's all just depressing & humiliating.  And I understand the desire to blame someone.  And you can blame whoever you want, whether it's reality-based or not.

But as someone who has been around since the carolinagrowl days and has seen almost every snap in this franchises' history, the poverty-mindset of blaming Bryce (just like we did DJ & CMC & Cam before him) keeps the attention off of where it really lies, with David Tepper.

I know it's hard when we've been down this long, but please let's make some reality-based arguments and blame the people actually responsible for this mess.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Part of the reason why the OLine is struggling is that teams have literally zero fear of Young beating them over the top - so they're happy 'gambling' and sending blitzes. 

Everyone on defence is within 10 yards of the LOS and half of them are threatening to blitz every down - it must be a nightmare for the OLine. 

You don’t have to blitz us. Just run a stunt and Zavala and Bozeman will probably block each other. We have to fix the OL this offseason. If Young still sucks with a better OL then our rookie in 25 will have better protection. Fix add weapons and Young can be replaced in 25 if needed. 

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You don’t have to blitz us. Just run a stunt and Zavala and Bozeman will probably block each other. We have to fix the OL this offseason. If Young still sucks with a better OL then our rookie in 25 will have better protection. Fix add weapons and Young can be replaced in 25 if needed. 

That wasn’t even a blitz on that play.. He has no clue of what he’s talking about.. Ickey whiffed on 6 or 7 1 on 1 blocks yesterday..

38 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I try to avoid this place most days, and this thread is yet another reminder...

This fanbase deserves the inevitable with all these comments...

Yep, it's absolutely Bryce's fault, he's holding us back...

I just can't... I've been to almost every Panthers home game over the past 18 years.

Bryce is a good QB in an impossible situation.  If I'm BY9's agent or parents, I am trying to get him as far away from this dysfunction as fast as possible.

I watched every single Panthers home game in 2011.  Rookie Cam had Smitty, Olsen, Shockey, D-Will, & J-Stew along with an offensive line that still had Jordan Gross and Ryan Kalil.  And people still thought Cam didn't "elevate" that team enough.  

Do you honestly think rookie Cam is doing any better with this cast?  More rushing yards maybe, but definitely no more productive in the air.

Absolutely no QB ever is producing with immediate interior pressure almost every snap.  What happened to Mahomes in the Bucs SB?  Same thing.  

Most franchises would sit a rookie in this situation to protect him from an impossible situation, but we gave up too much and misjudged our situation too much to go back now.

This is unequivocally the worst offensive line in franchise history.  One on the worst interiors in league history in terms of pressure %.  And yet the reality-free commentary flows...

I guarantee you no one on this board wants BY9 gone more than those people who actually care about him.  This situation is honestly even worse than Urban Meyer & Trevor Lawrence in Jacksonville.

Nick Saban, Bill O'Brien, and a litany of former coaches & players know how good BY9 is.

But this fanbase seems hellbent on running Bryce off just like everyone else.

When Belichick or someone else snaps up BY9 after we foolishly let him go and he turns into Brees 2.0 with a competent franchise, I hope our fanbase is content.

B/c just like CMC, DJ Moore, and Baker Mayfield, I would bet every dollar I own the problem is not the players but this franchise.

It's all just depressing & humiliating.  And I understand the desire to blame someone.  And you can blame whoever you want, whether it's reality-based or not.

But as someone who has been around since the carolinagrowl days and has seen almost every snap in this franchises' history, the poverty-mindset of blaming Bryce (just like we did DJ & CMC & Cam before him) keeps the attention off of where it really lies, with David Tepper.

I know it's hard when we've been down this long, but please let's make some reality-based arguments and blame the people actually responsible for this mess.

Thank you, someone who actually understands.