• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RB Coach Duce Staley and QB Coach Josh McCown fired

jamos14

11 minutes ago, Martin said:

It will be interesting to see what Thomas Brown does now when he has the full freedom to do what he wants. Obviously there are a lot of limitations based on personnel and scheme, but it might actually be a game worth watching.

Full freedom? Did Ben McAdoo has full freedom once Rhule was fired? Nah,Wilks made him run it his way. 

Thomas has 2 dinosaurs he will have to answer to in Caldwell and Tabor.  Who per recent firings are empowered.  

of course,  there is no telling what is true.  Panther narrative is rarely the real truth even in good times.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Full freedom? Did Ben McAdoo has full freedom once Rhule was fired? Nah,Wilks made him run it his way. 

Thomas has 2 dinosaurs he will have to answer to in Caldwell and Tabor.  Who pre recent firings are empowered.  

of course,  there is no telling what is true.  Panther narrative is rarely the real truth even in good times.  

I would have kept duce and kicked caldwell to the curb but we know why that didnt happen

1 hour ago, RJK said:

Duce can go back to screaming at defensive players instead of coaching 

Bailey seemed to suggest his personality was not a big hit with the other coaches, perhaps Brown especially

everyone carry on with the conspiracy theories though

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 6

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My eye test tells me a lot different.

Hell, people were talking about Chuba being one of our best offensive players yesterday.

You have to throw in Blackshear as well.

Huh? Blackshear has been inactive for like 4 games, he's averaging 2.7 ypc and 8.2 ypr. Last year he averaged 3.3 ypc and 9.3 ypr. He doesn't look any more improved as a RB in this offense than he did last year. Last year he at least broke off a couple of big runs and scored 3 TDs. The only thing he's doing better this year compared with last year is averaging 7-8 more yards per KR, but that's a ST stat, not a RB coach stat.

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

Huh? Blackshear has been inactive for like 4 games, he's averaging 2.7 ypc and 8.2 ypr. Last year he averaged 3.3 ypc and 9.3 ypr. He doesn't look any more improved as a RB in this offense than he did last year. Last year he at least broke off a couple of big runs and scored 3 TDs. The only thing he's doing better this year compared with last year is averaging 7-8 more yards per KR, but that's a ST stat, not a RB coach stat.

Blackshear is the leading kick returner in the league. Sitting him this past Sunday was criticized by even Darin Gantt.

I think you'd also find a lot of people saying he's been underused this year. When he's played, he's done pretty well.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Are we sure they let go of the right "cooks" though?

No idea. But I feel pretty confident that part the early season problems on offense stem from trying to create a playbook by committee instead of it having a singular voice. It'll be interesting to see if the amount of pre-snap motion increases significantly.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Blackshear is the leading kick returner in the league. Sitting him this past Sunday was criticized by even Darin Gantt.

I think you'd also find a lot of people saying he's been underused this year. When he's played, he's done pretty well.

But again, that has nothing to do with Staley. STs being good this season is attributable to Tabor.

What about his game log as an offensive player has shown you improvement from last season attributable to this coaching staff?

blackshear.JPG

Just now, Evil Hurney said:

No idea. But I feel pretty confident that part the early season problems on offense stem from trying to create a playbook by committee instead of it having a singular voice. It'll be interesting to see if the amount of pre-snap motion increases significantly.

I know per his own words that Thomas Brown is the guy who actually wrote the playbook, but he also admits to being influenced by both Reich and McVay.

What's weird about that though is that while Reich and McVay both run WCO style attacks, they have a lot of differences when it comes to some things (like motion, for example).

Despite all the accolades, I'm not really sure Thomas Brown was ready for an OC job. Jim Caldwell playing an advisory role also makes me wonder.

• Beer 1

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's been quoted from league insiders like Stephen Holder, Will Beinson and others.

what exactly did they quote?

I know there is the clip of "finding a court in charlotte" or whatever but was there more?

I'm not saying there isn't a possibility that McCown liked Stroud more, just curious as to these quotes you are referencing.