• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I could see Tepper moving the team.

Brent Gregory

8 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Looool whaaaaat? Arguably the NFL's smallest market. Hes been a ploy inserted all along. They knew how he was. London, germany, st louis, orlando, you tell me

It's one of the smallest markets but definitely not THE smallest. Jacksonville probably takes that crown. Nashville is also a smaller market. Green Bay has a massive fanbase but that's a tiny market, easily the smallest now that I think about it. No one outside of the immediate region would have ever heard of Green Bay if the Packers weren't there. Vegas is a smaller market. Smaller metro area than Charlotte and there's not a damn thing for hundreds of miles outside of the immediate metro area. KC is a smaller market. Buffalo is a smaller market. There's probably others but that's just off the top of the head.

17 minutes ago, Brent Gregory said:

He seems to fit the narrative perfectly for one of those pompous thin skinned owners who could move when he's burned all the bridges with Charlotte and the surrounding communities. Actually he's well on his way to destroying a fan base as I type this. 3 more years of this and  they'll be lucky to get 35k to show up for a game. In the meantime he'll probably start the we need a new stadium to compete crap as well. I just get a strong feeling this relationship is going to end with irreconcilable differences. 

That's my concern as well.

If yall are wondering where the team might go, the Austin/San Antonio market is RIPE for a team. Put the team in New Braunfels or San Marcos between the cities, and invest in a train line. Brand it the “Texas Something’s” so it’s not a city specific team, like the Rangers. Jerry Jones would fight tooth and nail but, the market has over 5m people as of now and is predicted to have 6-7m in 2030. The region will get an NFL franchise eventually.

Edited by hepcat

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

lol what?

Are you talking tv markets?

Yes, but the team is supposed to serve more than just Charlotte obviously.

The league would never approve that move.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-market-size-nfl-mlb-nhl-nielsen-ratings/

https://www.wcnc.com/amp/article/news/local/fastest-growing-metros-united-states-charlotte-north-carolina-raleigh-austin-texas/275-e377f83d-bd0b-422e-994c-8a2b679ec04d

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

the league would approve moving the team from smaller market Charlotte to Austin/San Antonio which has more people in the region alone than the entire state of South Carolina. 

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

If yall are wondering where the team might go, the Austin/San Antonio market is RIPE for a team. Put the team in New Braunfels or San Marcos between the cities, and invest in a train line. Brand it the “Texas Something’s” so it’s not a city specific team, like the Rangers. Jerry Jones would fight tooth and nail but, the market has over 5m people as of now and is predicted to have 6-7m in 2030. The region will get an NFL franchise eventually.

Google says the San Antonio-New Braunfels metropolitan area in the United States was about 2.6 million people

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Tbe said:

Google says the San Antonio-New Braunfels metropolitan area in the United States was about 2.6 million people

You forgot to add Austin's metro area entirely. It's over 5m combined. If the Panthers are going to consider both states as their media market, it's not even a 90 min drive between the two cities.