• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You're David Tepper, how do you structure a deal/offer to get Ben Johnson's attention?

TheBigKat

One of the most attractive things about the Panthers job is that there are zero top notch teams/QBs in the division at the moment. Once the ball gets rolling in the right direction, a coach could be successful here for a long time. Whichever of the NFCS teams gets coach and QB right will be dominant. I still think that QB might be Bryce, but it’s too early to tell. Either way, we need to get coach right this time. 

Edited by Wolfcop
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

One of the most attractive things about the Panthers job is that there are zero top notch teams/QBs in the division at the moment. Once the ball gets rolling in the right direction, a coach could be successful here for a long time. Whichever of the NFCS teams gets coach and QB right will be dominant. I still think that QB might be Bryce, but it’s too early to tell. Either way, we need to get coach right this time. 

The problem is I think the Falcons take a massive step forward next season in this regard.

They're going to replace Smith with a real coach, and then maybe trade for someone like Fields.  While I don't think Fields is a good passer, putting him with a good offensive coach along with Bijan, Pitts, and London could be very scary team.

And even if it's not Fields, with the weapons they have on offense, they just need to find the HC and QB and they're cooking with gas.  They should be a very attractive destination for a HC if/when they fire Smith, those weapons aren't something most HC openings have.

If I'm paying that kind of ridiculous guaranteed money I'd want an established superstar HC.

How you fix this if you're Tepper is by swallowing your ego, employing an excellent consultancy firm and let them hire your President and GM. The HC takes care of itself then. 

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

And they all have more Draft capital to go after their guy. 

It's clear by now that Bryce Young isn't the guy, bar some Hollywood ending turn around in his career.

4 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

when someone guarantees you $210 million for your signature, you take a hard evaluation of your life and what's important and you sign your name on that line

People can talk all they want about coaches not wanting Tepper but at the end of the day Tepper has the $$$$$$$$$$$$ to get ANYONE he wants.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

And they all have more Draft capital to go after their guy. 

It's clear by now that Bryce Young isn't the guy, bar some Hollywood ending turn around in his career.

Just like it was clear that all the HOFers with rough rookie seasons were lost causes 

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Just like it was clear that all the HOFers with rough rookie seasons were lost causes 

He hasn't flashed once. We're 11 games in and there isn't a single throw where you think "goddamn, alright, this kid has something".

We celebrate routine NFL throws he makes as they're that few and far between.

• Pie 1