• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horn and activation window

raleigh-panther

"it's not good if i'm out there and can't help the team"

it's not good if you aren't out there and can't help the team. 

at least if you're out there, there's a chance you can do something good. sit on the sidelines (where you have spent most of your "career") and you're no good to us at all.

• Pie 5

Just read that quote. He ain't suiting up again this year and honestly I don't blame him. Next year is pivotal and he knows it. He has to prove he can stay on the field. Playing in a few meaningless throwaway games this year isn't going to change his future value in the least... unless he came back and got hurt again.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just read that quote. He ain't suiting up again this year and honestly I don't blame him. Next year is pivotal and he knows it. He has to prove he can stay on the field. Playing in a few meaningless throwaway games this year isn't going to change his future value in the least... unless he came back and got hurt again.

yeah, i think he's checked out. just like the rest of the team.

i miss smitty. i miss cam. i miss TD. i miss luke. i miss every player we had who had that fight in them.

we got the HC equivalent of David Carr getting sucked down into that abyss of Eeyore. 

Day Today GIF

the rest of the team is just sitting back and collecting checks.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

yeah, i think he's checked out. just like the rest of the team.

i miss smitty. i miss cam. i miss TD. i miss luke. i miss every player we had who had that fight in them.

we got the HC equivalent of David Carr getting sucked down into that abyss of Eeyore. 

Day Today GIF

the rest of the team is just sitting back and collecting checks.

A hallmark of the Tepper era has been the lack of a team. We've had collections of players who soon realize this team is hopeless so they quickly just start looking out for themselves and their career. Just get through this, try to put some good individual play on film and try to preserve the tread on the tires.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I would absolutely trade him; he is one of the best "when" he plays but shows no signs of wanting to play for this team. Trade him for a day 2 pick or a WR and let some other team pick up his 5th year option.

• Pie 1

I would honestly take a chance on him and extend him now while his value is at the lowest. Injuries have sucked, but he wasn't injury prone to my knowledge prior to coming to the Panthers.

He is still very good when he is on the field. I would pay him now and cross my fingers that he stays healthy the rest of his time with us. If he doesn't stay healthy, it is what it is - we probably aren't competing in the near future anyway. But if he does stay healthy, we could probably trade him for a lot of value if our team continues to suck (which it probably will)

36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean given we could still host a home playoff game and he’s a 1st round luck making millions of dollars, if he can play his ass needs to play. 

• Pie 4

This year is irrelevant to Horn. 

I will say I think his mentality is weak.  He had a hamstring injury in week 1.  It's week 10.  Aaron Rodgers blew out his achilles.  Required surgery.  He returned to practice this week.  Think what you will about Rodgers, his mentality is not weak.  Also, Rodgers is 40 years old.  From the outside looking in, JC looks like a guy who just doesn't want to be here.

Right now, Horn is three years into a career and has played the equivalent of one.  I could be wrong, he could never be injured again and have an All Pro or even Hall of Fame career ahead.  History doesn't stand on his side right now.

• Pie 5