• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tank vs Mingo

AceBoogie

We can pull excuses over and over and over but fundamentally Bryce just hasn't shown the ability to lift other players up.

Maybe he'll look better with an all-pro offensive line and a great receiving corps, but there's a solid chance he'll be gone before that happens. He's gonna have to be able to make do with less until 2025 at minimum.

• Pie 1

The NFL at it's base level is talent evaluation.  Teams that evaluate talent correctly or get lucky inch or jump ahead of teams that are bad at evaluation or unlucky.  Of course talent development is part of the process as well but even then the potential needs to be evaluated correctly.

Carolina doesn't seem to be very good at evaluating talent and even worse at developing potential.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

Checks out, Peyton set 5 rookie records including most completions, passing yards and touchdowns.  Eerily similar LMAO.

Don’t worry, once Bryce gets an all-pro offensive line and league-best skill position players he might even consistently hit 225 yards a game!

• Beer 2
  • Poo 2

Look guys this is the problem. When the wr’s are running their routes when they’re coming out of their breaks looking back at Bryce THEY CAN NOT SEE HIM. And HE struggles seeing them. He has to throw the ball on his tip toes and jump in the air to make a screen pass. Also he doesn’t have an arm like Russell Wilson, Drew Brees or Kyler Murray. I just don’t think his game will translate to the NFL. I’m rooting for him, he is our quarterback. I hope he proves me wrong but I don’t think so. The main reason David Tepper chose Bryce Young because he won the heisman.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Score Board said:

Look guys this is the problem. When the wr’s are running their routes when they’re coming out of their breaks looking back at Bryce THEY CAN NOT SEE HIM. And HE struggles seeing them. He has to throw the ball on his tip toes and jump in the air to make a screen pass. Also he doesn’t have an arm like Russell Wilson, Drew Brees or Kyler Murray. I just don’t think his game will translate to the NFL. I’m rooting for him, he is our quarterback. I hope he proves me wrong but I don’t think so. The main reason David Tepper chose Bryce Young because he won the heisman.

There is a reason he didn't throw at the combine. Hiding that weak arm.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Don’t worry, once Bryce gets an all-pro offensive line and league-best skill position players he might even consistently hit 225 yards a game!

And if you’re hoping for just 225 yds per game consistently is enough we definitely need to be searching for another quarterback man.. This is sad times as a Panthers fan right now. It’s got to get better.

• Poo 1

-31st ranked offensive line

-29th ranked receiving core

-7th most QB under pressure

-Old and outdated offensive scheme

-First HC in NFL History with back to back midseason firings

-OC that has never called plays in the NFL before

Huddle: OUR QB SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HES SHORT AND HAS A NOODLE ARM!!!!!!!

Must be something in the water down there in Carolina because that is one backward ass thought process.

27 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

-31st ranked offensive line

-29th ranked receiving core

-7th most QB under pressure

-Old and outdated offensive scheme

-First HC in NFL History with back to back midseason firings

-OC that has never called plays in the NFL before

Huddle: OUR QB SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HES SHORT AND HAS A NOODLE ARM!!!!!!!

Must be something in the water down there in Carolina because that is one backward ass thought process.

A good player on a bad team doesn't necessarily look bad. And Young hasn't just looked bad - he's looked like the worst QB in the league, and perhaps in the last decade.

That could change but you can't just blame how bad he looks on everyone around him.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, TN05 said:

A good player on a bad team doesn't necessarily look bad. And Young hasn't just looked bad - he's looked like the worst QB in the league, and perhaps in the last decade.

That could change but you can't just blame how bad he looks on everyone around him.

Which QB in NFL History had a successful season with an offense on par or worse than what Young is currently playing with? Care to list some examples because I'm genuinely curious

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

2 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

At the time of the drafts and our free agent deals I was onboard with most everything we have done with Fitt - didn't like losing CMC and DJ but I understood and thought we got a fair deal.  But seeing the results and complete failure of so many free agents we picked up, and our high percentage of misses in the draft Fitterer has to be accountable.  We are almost as bad at drafting as the Hornets.  At some point we have to draft actual Pro Bowl talent....like anywhere....

Personally, I feel like I disagreed with a ton and was OK with others. For instance, I wanted a TE last year. It was a great deep year for them. Kincaid went first and was only 14 picks before Mingo. If we were going to trade up, that’s what we should have targeted.

The Burns trade was the worst. It just showed everything that’s wrong with Fitterer. Misjudging the value of one player, not even getting done the point of not trading (extending him), not having a clue on the roster talent we really had (not close to contending) and having no foresight to a solid edge rusher class in 2024 and something as simple as realizing guys like Sweat and Young might be available. Could have had Sweat for cheaper $$$ wise for a 2nd and then basically had two 1sts to build weapons for Young.