• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Fowler, Horn not hurt, just benched

KSpan

Looked to me like Horn was in beginning of the season form and probably conditioning, while TB receivers were in mid-season form and conditioning. And he was on a play count - as he should have been.

A CB that hasn't played since week 1 due to an injury requiring surgery will take time to adjust. He looked good enough and I expect he'll only get better - assuming he stays healthy. 

Why is everything so friggin doom and gloom with you guys? The team is bad. We knew that coming into the season. But now everyone wants to nit pick every player like they're supposed to be perfect every play, every game. Players on opposing teams get paid a lot of money to make plays too. And they do it against teams other than Carolina. 

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Looked to me like Horn was in beginning of the season form and probably conditioning, while TB receivers were in mid-season form and conditioning. And he was on a play count - as he should have been.

A CB that hasn't played since week 1 due to an injury requiring surgery will take time to adjust. He looked good enough and I expect he'll only get better - assuming he stays healthy. 

Why is everything so friggin doom and gloom with you guys? The team is bad. We knew that coming into the season. But now everyone wants to nit pick every player like they're supposed to be perfect every play, every game. Players on opposing teams get paid a lot of money to make plays too. And they do it against teams other than Carolina. 

Where did I say anything 'doom and gloom' or nitpicking? Perhaps lumping everyone together isn't the right approach, just like lumping you in with the rose-colored brigade may not be accurate.

Edited by KSpan

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Where did I say anything 'doom and gloom' or nitpicking? Perhaps lumping everyone together isn't the right approach, just like lumping you in with the rose-colored brigade may not be accurate.

Honestly didn't have any of your posts specifically in mind. Not sure why you thought I was targetting you but I really wasn't. If I was responding to you, I 100% would have responded to your post/s. 

Just reading through everythinh and getting a collective sense of the tone. 

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Honestly didn't have any of your posts specifically in mind. Not sure why you thought I was targetting you but I really wasn't. If I was responding to you, I 100% would have responded to your post/s. 

Just reading through everythinh and getting a collective sense of the tone. 

That's fair, and I'm admittedly just completely done with the state of things at the moment. It's just all the culmination of Tepper's and the FO's series of easily avoidable screw-ups for the past half-decade. There are no Fs left to give for me and many others, so to speak. Success doesn't always happen and that's life, but the current situation is entirely self-inflicted.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

And logic wins again. Good call!

that's not a how a traditional pitch count works though, is it? 

I mean, you don't just log all your reps at the start and then miss the rest of the game.  That's not a traditional pitch count.   It sets you up to play the entire game in a limited capacity. 

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

that's not a how a traditional pitch count works though, is it? 

I mean, you don't just log all your reps at the start and then miss the rest of the game.  That's not a traditional pitch count.   It sets you up to play the entire game in a limited capacity. 

"Jaycee Horn, in his first game back since sustaining a hamstring injury during the season opener, played on a pitch count. The oft-injured cornerback registered 32 snaps, accounting for a 52-percent presence on defense.

Perhaps to nobody’s surprise, Horn performed rather nicely in his limited outing—earning himself a 90.4 overall defensive grade from Pro Football Focus.

Expect that pitch count, if there even is one moving forward, to increase."

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-buccaneers-week-13-2023-snap-counts-takeaways-jaycee-horn-jeremy-chinn/

They are normal with his injury and he played solid.  So you think they benched him for what reason?  The rain probably didn't help. 

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

"Jaycee Horn, in his first game back since sustaining a hamstring injury during the season opener, played on a pitch count. The oft-injured cornerback registered 32 snaps, accounting for a 52-percent presence on defense.

Perhaps to nobody’s surprise, Horn performed rather nicely in his limited outing—earning himself a 90.4 overall defensive grade from Pro Football Focus.

Expect that pitch count, if there even is one moving forward, to increase."

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-buccaneers-week-13-2023-snap-counts-takeaways-jaycee-horn-jeremy-chinn/

They are normal with his injury and he played solid.  So you think they benched him for what reason?  The rain probably didn't help. 

pitch counts are normal.  He should of been on one.  But a pitch counts allows you to play the entire game essentially with sporadic work.  When was Horn's last rep?   What was his rep distribution. 

I just don't think this is horrific slander and a bad job by the reporter.  They ended up sitting him for some reason.  Who knows what was.  I got no clue.  Could of been something Horn reported to them and they were being cautious.  Might as well.  These games don't matter.  But the coaches flat out decided he needed to be done. 

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, CRA said:

pitch counts are normal.  He should of been on one.  But a pitch counts allows you to play the entire game essentially with sporadic work.  When was Horn's last rep?   What was his rep distribution. 

I just don't think this is horrific slander and a bad job by the reporter.  They ended up sitting him for some reason.  Who knows what was.  I got no clue.  Could of been something Horn reported to them and they were being cautious.  Might as well.  These games don't matter.  But the coaches flat out decided he needed to be done. 

I'm not sure it really matters.  Maybe they wanted him in early to help keep the game closer?  Again it makes sense he was on one and he played well so maybe he was getting cramps or who knows? Tabor said we will see more of him next week so that's promising.  

16 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Horn was getting torched before hand either way. Not sure what game you all were watching. Jackson and Hernderson had better outings than this guy.

Donte was honestly incredible. Some really really nice PBUs