• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This franchise is cooked

Lame Duck

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Looking back at the worst Panther teams this squad is by far the least talented team we have had here IMO.  I believe in Young but the rest of this offense is completely terrible.  No one would play for anyone else 

What teams would Young be starting for that didn't have a starter go down with an injury? New England? Anyone else?

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No one would have an issue with that trade if we'd picked Stroud.

The trade up was understandable. We improved down the stretch last year and had every reason to believe that with a better coaching staff (in theory) we'd improve even more and that if the #1 pick is potentially available we need to shoot our shot because we might not have such an opportunity again in the near future. It all made logical sense. Then we picked Young over Stroud, hired this coaching staff, and now we're gonna end up handing the Bears the #1 overall pick this year, not to mention a #1 WR in DJ Moore, not to mention the 2nd rounder that was the crown jewel of the CMC trade.

#Teppermagic

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

What teams would Young be starting for that didn't have a starter go down with an injury? New England? Anyone else?

He is a rookie and at this point should be sitting.  I was referring to overall talent and how really depleted this team is

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nah, not starting him over Mac

There isn't a single week 1 starter in the league that Bryce would start over based on the way he's played so far this year, he's been the worst QB in the league in a season that has had Zach Wilson get benched for some players I can't even name.

10 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

A generational QB class is coming out and we picked the wrong year to be players in that class

that’s the Panthers way

I wouldn’t say generational but it’s deep and it’s worth taking a shot in rounds 1-2 on a few guys

If Ewers  balls out and ends up declaring that 2025 class is already shaping up to look like the 2023 QB class.

This organization isn’t smart enough to think a year ahead but man they better. Having the 1st pick in the 2025 draft isn’t going to do much for us. There will be a QB sitting there at pick 33, I’d take another shot. We’re 4-8 minimum if we even had slightly below average Qb play right now 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

I recommend to all of you to simply tune out.  The Panthers are there to entertain their customers but clearly no one is entertained.  Just remember, you are not required to follow the panthers, it’s your choice so don’t let it get to you.  Watching the Panthers game is simply not good for your health at this point and will likely cut few years of your life.

If you are here then you are an extremely loyal fan and you deserve better.

i was there a month ago

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, falconlynx said:

Yeah, it’s never been this bad. 

Never been this bad. Even the Seifert experiment brought hope & his firing brought hope.

The Gettlemagic destruction of the team over 3 years of it's highest potential was a big low, but Tepper ownership has been a massive bottoming out to NFL historic lows.

Now, all I can do is enjoy building my draft lists & watching the players I projected as NFL championship success stories turn out to be among the best in the NFL. Just waiting out the storm & any sign that the Panthers are back on the championship path.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Don't know why any of you are still watching this game. I took the kids to a movie. Way more entertaining.

Those of you who still watch this crap probably touch hot stoves and get pissed when they burn you.

I’ve taken the same approach. Just see the same sorry YPA and YPC in the stats afterwards. Much more pleasant Sundays all around. 

• Pie 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• "Bryce Young did not have a good rookie season compared to other QBs selected #1 overall. My eyes say so." But... why don't the facts support this? WOA THERE NOW! Whether you're a Stroud Boy sitting down and idling by or a devout member of BrySIS, I come in peace. The purpose of this write-up is to explore the validity of a common complaint echoed by disgruntled Panthers fans. This isn't proving that Bryce Young is without fault for 2023-2024. It isn't demanding that everybody only cheer for him and never criticize. Hell, it isn't even a "Bryce is good" post. It is just a statistical look at BY9's rookie season compared to other QBs taken at #1 overall. A quick note on methodology: All of the data was pulled from Pro-Football-Reference.com, which did not have advanced stats for any QB entering the league before 2017 (Hurries, Hits, Pressures, Pressure %, Drops, and Drop %). Going back to 2000, there have been 18 QBs selected #1 overall . Blacked out boxes are for missing/invalid data. Below is the comparison: Perhaps the only thing that Panthers fans can agree on is that, despite fears regarding his size, Bryce Young can take the punishment that an NFL defense can dish out over the course of a season. While he did miss one game, the only QB that's started more games their rookie season is Trevor Lawrence. This was in spite of BY9 being sacked, hurried, hit, and pressured more than any other rookie since 2000 except David Carr (who is also #1 for fumbles and fumbles lost, where as Bryce is #2 in both of those categories). The one stat that Young did lead in was pressure percentage... No other QB in the last 25 years has been pressured more during their rookie campaign than Bryce Young. Even with all of that working against him, his body still held up.  This isn't anything new to anybody with a functioning set of eyes. Even people that think Bryce should still order from the kid's menu will admit that having eight different left guards and nine different right guards is probably going to make an already difficult situation for a rookie more difficult. This is where mobility helps bails teams out, and an additional area of concern for detractors. We won't see Young doing the same thing we saw Cam do such as carrying a defensive lineman downfield on his back or steamrolling a defensive back into the dirt. We did see him scramble though enough to put up the 7th highest rushing yards for a QB selected at #1 since 2000. Also not new to fans was the underperformance of the weapons fielded by the team last season. Scheme, playcalling, and inability to separate have been beaten to death but what if I told you that the group also had the third most drops for the third highest drop percentage out of all other teams supporting a #1 rookie QB? To say that the entire offense surrounding Bryce failed him is an understatement, and it reflects in the stats. With that context in mind, let's dive into the passing stats... Completions: 5th (315) Attempts: 6th (527) Completion %: 7th (59.8%) Passing Yards: 9th (2,877) Passing TDs: 11th (#11) INTs: 12th (10)     Having the fifth most completions, sixth most attempts, seventh highest completion percentage, and ninth most passing yards all place Bryce Young in the top half of the sample group. He was also 12th in INTs, meaning that despite the constant duress he was under while trying to find an open target that Bryce was not turning the ball over as frequently as other QBs did their rookie year. Being 11th in passing TDs is frustrating, but it's hard to get into the redzone with all of the aforementioned issues as well as the not-so-silent drive killer: penalties. Carolina was #4 in the league this past season for pre-snap penalties with 45. That means that every game had two to three false start penalties. In 2022, teams averaged 10.9 drives per game. If the same holds true for 2023, the Panthers averaging over ~2.64 false starts a game means that 25% of their offensive drives are being marched back five yards. Are these all just excuses in the end and Bryce will never be able to contend for the UFC Light Heavyweight Title? Maybe. Will it make some fans any less insufferable? Definitely not. What it will do though is help make the last two hours of a three hour meeting go by much, much faster. Hope y'all have been well. Keep Pounding!
    • He has a lot to work just to be an average starter and I dont see it happening.  Lots of blame to go around for last season but Bryce was a big part of that, even in the GB game he was dropping too far back and allowing the pass rush to tee off on him.  He cant use the same little quirks that he used in college to overcome his size in the NFL. 
    • Theres a lot more, and I mean a lot, but I think this gives you the general temperament of said poster