• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns 55th in league with 17 pressures

jamos14

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Burns would 100% look better on a stacked team.  But Garrett, Crosby, Bosa, etc would all look better here than Burns does.  Because they are better and have more well rounded games.  Burns needs to be setup to an extent for his outside speed moves. 

I completely agree. Before the Niners traded for Chase Young, Bosa was actually in a funk and on a worse sack pace than Burns was. He just recently turned it on and strung together some very nice games as the defense started to play way better. He's still better and more complete than Burns imo, but I think it's kind of unfair that most of this board (not saying you) tries to paint Burns as a complete bum. I'm willing to give him and several other of our guys on defense having down years a pass given the circumstances. 

On 12/5/2023 at 2:13 PM, KSpan said:

Eh, not sure about that. He seems to be a solid teammate. I don't recall him causing any outward disruption or being negative in general.

Well, when he ignores every single question the media asks him about whether or not he wants to remain a Panther, he pretty much is outing himself as a self-centered douchface.

21 hours ago, panther252 said:

I completely agree. Before the Niners traded for Chase Young, Bosa was actually in a funk and on a worse sack pace than Burns was. He just recently turned it on and strung together some very nice games as the defense started to play way better. He's still better and more complete than Burns imo, but I think it's kind of unfair that most of this board (not saying you) tries to paint Burns as a complete bum. I'm willing to give him and several other of our guys on defense having down years a pass given the circumstances. 

I don't think he is a bum.  I just don't think he is Garrett or Crosby or Bosa.  I think he is Reddick-ish.  And probably I'd put Reddick ahead of him. Burns just isn't in the tier of money that was talked about all off season.  Would love to have him.  I don't want to handicap building a good roster because we comically overpay our frankly 3rd best defender as if he was Julius Peppers caliber player. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Well, when he ignores every single question the media asks him about whether or not he wants to remain a Panther, he pretty much is outing himself as a self-centered douchface.

Nah, that's a no-win scenario for him or any player, and while fans want to hear the unconditional 'Yes' there are very few players these days that feel that way. It's a business, and that cuts both ways.

If he says yes, then he gets grilled on why he hasn't re-signed. If he says anything other than yes, he gets painted exactly as you're painting him. Might as well just stay silent and save it for the engotiating room.

On 12/6/2023 at 3:55 PM, panther252 said:

"Most of this board" does not paint Burns as a "complete bum". "Most of this board" now recognizes him for what he has put on nearly 5 seasons of film, a sometimes very good pass rusher and limited run defender who doesn't make game-changing plays but who seems to want to be paid at that level. Nothing wrong with him looking to maximize his pay but that discrepancy has been a hot topic of discussion for over a year now.

• Pie 2

I believe Burns is trying to play through an elbow injury …that would make it fairly tough to do a few things he needs to do….not having Reddick doesn’t help 

if I put myself in his shoes, I’d want out too….5 years of losing…not just losing but rudderless losing, will do that to a person

he sees Reddick, Young, Sweat all getting out and getting contracts and he’s stuck in the Tepper clusterfug 

it would be in everyone’s interest to move him most Likely 

Good ole Scott Fitterer, the rebel without a clue vs cause.