• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players on this team worth keeping?

TNPanther

5 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Spot on, but I would like to keep the o line intact, for now, and mix back in a little more downhill rushing with Dalton under center…. With some competent coaching. 

I need to see what we’ve got in the line  with a more conventional QB under center. With Bryce it feels like none of them where to go or what to do. 

The o line is by far the most difficult part of a rebuild. Rarely do premium o line players hit free agency unless there is an injury history with them and a team wants to gamble.

I think we have invested enough resources in the line that we need to adjust to what they do best. If we need to make a change like putting Ikey inside, so be it. Ultimately starting that rebuild again with be a multi-year effort. 

Bryce not fitting with a power running game, I am just not sure about. It's hard to know what he will be good at with the current scheme. TBH, I think we are getting to the point where he might already be a ruined pick. The bust factor grows with every game we keep trotting him out there to fail.

Lotta y'all are saying "Moton."
Reality?

Moton's cap figure is set to jump from $13.5m to almost $30m per year for 24 and 25.

Derrick Brown is your best overall player.  He is entering year 5, and his salary will increase by $10m.  He needs to be locked down. 

Burns cap jumps from his 5th year deal at about $16m to around $35m.  In my opinion, the way his situation has been handled is criminal and if Fitterer is responsible, he needs to be fired.  If he is not responsible, then he needs to be fired for not being responsible.

We are obviously going to be aggressive in free agency. 

The OL?  I see no progress with Ickey, and he is a talent.  New coach, keep LT on a rookie contract.

BC?  I say move him to RT and see what you can get for Moton.  BC is very athletic, and unfortunately, Moton's contract at $30m at age 30 for a RT is too much considering our other needs.

Zavala showed promise. Make him the LG.  Corbett and Bozeman are OK, but we have to run an offense that supports their skill set.

SO while some of you are saying, we need an OL most of all-I disagree.  We need a new OC and system--we need WRs more than anything else because they are not getting open.  Full stop.  Theilen would be OK in a Ricky Prohel role, and Mingo might be better in year 2.  Aside from that, we need 2 or 3 starting caliber WRs. 

We need a legitimate TE--not a bunch of blockers who catch the ball once in a while.  We need a weapon to minimize the amount of blitzing we see if nothing else. 

Our OL looked bad because they were not is a good system that played to their talents, Bryce was holding the ball too long looking for an Open WR, and the TE was not a threat.  I would rush 7 too.

• Pie 1

from  another thread:

At this point this team needs a complete rebuild outside of 

definite keepers: 95, 49, 72

either sign him or trade him: 0

needs more time: 9, 8, 79, 15

And that's pretty much it, every other position could be argued that it needs to be either upgraded or at minimum needs quality depth