• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Motivation to win in a lost season

Green-Ghost

I have not said much as of late.  Like everyone else, I am to say the least, disappointed in the season,  I won’t say the most.  My conscience won’t let me say the most.  So the question is, what is left to play for?

Good question,  for me, it is to be a pain in the side for other teams and get Bryce Young plenty of experience. If I am not mistaken, we have the opportunity to knock the Saints, out of any playoff possibility, this weekend.  We also have the opportunity to send the Falcons a message.  “Panthers will rule next Year.”

is this a playoff? No but it is good medicine.  To me, a true fan sticks with his favorite team through good and bad times.  (That is not to say, you should attend every game.). There are times a message is sent to management, “changes must be made”.

keep the faith.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

see all the replies you got?

Its called fan apathy............

and the Panthers are turning them into "I don't care anymore" as long as Tepper owns them. 

and a true fan doesn't have to line the pockets of an owner who has doesn't have their interest at heart but rather only his own pocketbook and equally sized ego. 

Edited by PghPanther
  • Pie 4

16 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

see all the replies you got?

Its called fan apathy............

and the Panthers are turning them into "I don't care anymore" as long as Tepper owns them. 

and a true fan doesn't have to line the pockets of an owner who has doesn't have their interest at heart but rather only his own pocketbook and equally sized ego. 

I agree.  I tried to address that in my last statement.  -  (That is not to say, you should attend every game.). There are times a message is sent to management, “changes must be made”.

I guess each fan must assess that for themselves.

Two fold IMO.

1. You want to see development from Bryce and our other young players. This has more to do with the development of individual talent than the scoreboard and W-L record but if they play better we'll naturally have a better chance if winning.

2. You'd really prefer not to have the embarrassment of handing the Bears #1 overall after trading that pick to them as part of a substantial package to draft a QB that hasn't exactly lit the league up as a rookie while the guy drafted #2 isn't just a slam dunk ROY, he's a borderline legit MVP candidate.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

10 minutes ago, Greatman77 said:

At some point, personal pride has to come into play. These athletes work so hard to get to where they are, they can't just mail it in because it's a losing season. There are exceptions but those players don't stay long in the NFL.

This brings up another good point, Should players “walk out and refuse to play”. If the team has a loosing record?  This would definitely send a message to management that the fans demand changes.

What I want to see is which players aren't going down with the losing culture. Those who are phoning it in get exposed and those who try should be obvious.

A new management team and coaching staff needs to know who those people are. And the only way to do that is to try and win games, at least from an interim coaching standpoint.

As for us fans, I just don't know. I'll watch the games because that's what I do, but I can't ask anyone else to do it. 

• Pie 2

I’m not sure what would motivate this team to win at this point.

Loosing, unfortunately, has become the organizational culture. We fans, have little to no control over it. The organization has systematically stripped the fans of our identity too. Our house that we love is burning out of control and we are helplessly standing at the curb forced to watch it burn. 

• Pie 2

We need a true franchise QB.  It cures a whole lot of things.  Maybe Bryce is that guy, but it isn't looking good.

We need to look like a team that cares.  We really don't right now.

We need to stay healthy.  The Panthers organization has a huge problem with injured players - and it's not something new.  Not sure what it is, but it's gotta get fixed.

These are things that will motivate the fan base.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, BrianS said:

We need a true franchise QB.  It cures a whole lot of things.  Maybe Bryce is that guy, but it isn't looking good.

We need to look like a team that cares.  We really don't right now.

We need to stay healthy.  The Panthers organization has a huge problem with injured players - and it's not something new.  Not sure what it is, but it's gotta get fixed.

These are things that will motivate the fan base.

It does look to me like, Bryce can now develop without a lot of immediate pressure to perform.  There is time to assess his true value.

5 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

At the end of the day, few players stay with the same team their entire career

they are paid and have a contract …some have incentives that won’t be met, at least offensively with this cluster 

..but they need to always think about the next move …it’s a short career 

‘the tape don’t  lie’

Yeah, we got quite a few guys that will be angling for new deals. They will need to ball out.

I think most of our offensive staff will be viewed as cancer in the NFL.

• Pie 1