• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whoever next coach is I hope they have guts to bench BY

Frank9999

Yea....they need to sit this kid let him reflect and work on his game in the offseason... also just to evaluate the talent, or lack thereof, around us with Dalton running the show.... we should get a grip on whether Bryce is most of the problem or is it really a conglomeration of sht...or both.

33 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Yea....they need to sit this kid let him reflect and work on his game in the offseason... also just to evaluate the talent, or lack thereof, around us with Dalton running the show.... we should get a grip on whether Bryce is most of the problem or is it really a conglomeration of sht...or both.

At one time I would have said that Bryce needs all of the snaps that he can get. After watching his last two game, I think I may be inclined to agree with you. If Dalton comes in and everyone starts playing better in the dame scheme, then we know BY is the main issue. 

That could lead him to work on his game in the offseason. He needs to hire a professional QB coach and completely overhaul his game.

Such a move could ruin him mentally. That's a risk worth taking. We're going nowhere with him QB if he continues to play this way. The team really does need to see what the offense would look like with someone else under center.

10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If the requirements is to play Bryce then that coaching list just got hilarious. They will end up with another 1 and done HC.

The good news is that guarantees the #1 pick in 2025...if they don't waste that one also.

The list becomes the guys who have no other NFL HC options and are willing to be a doormat for a fat check. I ain't judging. I'd cash that check too. But it is what it is.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

I'd venture to guess it's about the same number of times Bryce said "um" in postgame press conferences.

"Um, know you, I need to step up you know, Um I have to get better, I didnt execute or do enough, so its um, you know its on me, yeah, you know its um, its um, you know I never you know I am a competitor and um, ultimately close isnt good enough and its um you know"

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, 33inNC said:

Move Icky to LG as well as bench some other bums

Before we demote one of the best run blocking LTs in the league, who we used a top 10 pick on, you better be damn sure he’s not struggling in pass pro bc the QB is messing up the protection with his inconsistent drop backs, protection calls at the line, etc. Why did he look so much better with Andy and Sam?

3 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

I'd venture to guess it's about the same number of times Bryce said "um" in postgame press conferences.

His confidence is SHOT you can tell at these pressers, Its not just the Ums, it’s that he mumbles with his head down not making eye contact, not speaking clearly. There’s no chance his teammates have any confidence in him. 

• Pie 2

I know the Dalton sample size for the season is extremely small but what if the team really isnt that bad offensively but Young make the team that bad with horrific QB play?  Dalton had 361 yards 2 TDs took 3 sacks but passed 58 times and 0 ints in that game Theilen 11 145 Chark 4 86 sanders and marshal 5 rec each 38 and 35 yards.  Extrapolate those out over the season and the offense no longer seems to be the issue.  I know this is a huge what if and we dont really know unless young is benched this week and dalton lights it up rest of the year but its just something to think about. 

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly won't find it the least bit shocking if it turns out that what got Reich fired is insisting to Tepper that Bryce needed to be benched.

BINGO! I thought it was interesting that Russini leaked that “a number of coaches wanted him benched” but didn’t elaborate on who wanted him benched. I’m betting it was the coaches who were fired.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

Before we demote one of the best run blocking LTs in the league, who we used a top 10 pick on, you better be damn sure he’s not struggling in pass pro bc the QB is messing up the protection with his inconsistent drop backs, protection calls at the line, etc. Why did he look so much better with Andy and Sam?

He really didn't look better with Dalton. Dalton was under heavy pressure in Seattle he just stood in there and fired the ball downfield anyway like an actual NFL QB.

He looked better with Darnold because we transitioned to a power running play action passing offensive attack.