• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I don't feel bad for Young

Jmac

If he’s anywhere near what he was hyped up to be then he’s going to work his ass off this offseason and just maybe, with halfway competent coaching, he’ll rise to the occasion. 

The knock was that he’s never had to overcome real adversity. Well now he’s got it. Time to see whether everything about his work ethic and studiousness was bullpoo too.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

Young was already a multi millionaire before taking a snap in the nfl. He's basically been a millionaire since the age of 19. When the first contract is over he'll probably have 25-30 million in the bank. I can't feel sorry for someone in their mid 20s when they can retire and live a life without financial worry because they got paid a massive amount of money for something they're not good at. 

• Pie 3

Of course most of the answers are about money.

I'm starting to think most of the sub are just broke in real life. These players play a dangerous game they deserve to be well paid. Money is not why I don't feel bad for Bryce.

I don't feel bad for Bryce, because he had us fooled during the combine. All we had was his game tape. If he throws at the combine and we see his lack of arm talent there is no way we draft him. He fooled us by skipping out on the combine hiding his lack of arm strength. For that I can never feel sorry for the kid.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm starting to think most of the sub are just broke in real life. These players play a dangerous game they deserve to be well paid. Money is not why I don't feel bad for Bryce.

I don't feel bad for Bryce, because he had us fooled during the combine. All we had was his game tape. If he throws at the combine and we see his lack of arm talent there is no way we draft him. He fooled us by skipping out on the combine hiding his lack of arm strength. For that I can never feel sorry for the kid.

No, he gets paid to entertain us.  Right now, it’s a daylight robbery.  Watching paint dry is free and more entertaining.

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. Exactly. The kid will always be a Heisman winner and has a ton of money in the bank. Yeah, he'll go down as one of the worst NFL busts ever but I imagine he'll manage.

Woody-Harrelson-Wiping-Tears-Money.gif

Seriously. No one cares that The Golden Calf of Bristol sucked in the NFL, he got paid and he's on tv all the fuging time. Now us trading the farm for picking him #1 will take a long time for the team to recover from and no one is ever going to forget it as possibly the dumbest move in franchise history

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Compared to someone with Bryce's money, yeah most everyone here is flat broke in comparison.