• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is there a game today GameDay thread

Zod

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

More than one.

"Prevent defense," by definition, is "whatever defense that is run when Bryce Young completes a downfield pass."

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 12.00.59 PM.png

Someone is trolling you man. Yes let’s play prevent up by 1 with over 5 minutes left, a rookie qb, and no deep threat. A decent DC would never do this anyway. Makes the winning FG too easy.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Someone is trolling you man. Yes let’s play prevent up by 1 with over 5 minutes left, a rookie qb, and no deep threat. A decent DC would never do this anyway. Makes the winning FG too easy.

Seriously. Nobody is playing prevent defense in that situation. That'd be insane 😳

• Pie 2

Just now, ForJimmy said:

They were the posts directly above mine. 

People on the Huddle hate Young so much they'll alter their perception of reality just to maintain their narrative. "What I saw is not actually what I saw. It was this instead."

It is kinda funny how you've got some people, not naming names, who had 30-40 posts each in the previous two game threads -- and while they were online yesterday after the game, they've been radio-silent since Weds-Thurs. Weird. 

I mean, I hate Miles Bridges, but when he has a good game I'm happy because it means it helped the team. The "this is coping, that is coping" audience is either out today, or coping.

I want Young to improve his footwork in the offseason, get him a line that matches up with its scheme, and figure out what's ailing his shoulder that's removed some velocity he had in September that he now doesn't. I'm not sold on him as a franchise QB, but he gutted out a win in impressive fashion on that last drive yesterday.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

People on the Huddle hate Young so much they'll alter their perception of reality just to maintain their narrative. "What I saw is not actually what I saw. It was this instead."

It is kinda funny how you've got some people, not naming names, who had 30-40 posts each in the previous two game threads -- and while they were online yesterday after the game, they've been radio-silent since Weds-Thurs. Weird. 

I mean, I hate Miles Bridges, but when he has a good game I'm happy because it means it helped the team. The "this is coping, that is coping" audience is either out today, or coping.

I want Young to improve his footwork in the offseason, get him a line that matches up with its scheme, and figure out what's ailing his shoulder that's removed some velocity he had in September that he now doesn't. I'm not sold on him as a franchise QB, but he gutted out a win in impressive fashion on that last drive yesterday.

Yeah I never understood getting upset when a Panther plays well. If I as an Auburn fan can pull for Young’s success, I would think most fans can. I mean if he busts then we move on and it is what it is. No one should truly want that though. People get too attached to their takes or opinions to be rational sometimes. I thought Fields would be great, and it looks like I was wrong. No big deal, life goes on. 

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Basically this. Not been a lot of bright spots on offense this season, and when we don't have to worry about draft position, I'll take a win against the Falcons any day of the year.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I want them to restructure the offense so that we run more of a power running attack (something our oline is designed for) and let Bryce run some play action passes.  Maybe pick up a bigger stronger back to complement Chuba.  Run the ball 30 times a game until we feel more comfortable working in more of  the passing game.  Ie take the pressure off Bryce until he and the rest of the offense, is ready.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

9 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

More than one.

"Prevent defense," by definition, is "whatever defense that is run when Bryce Young completes a downfield pass."

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 12.00.59 PM.png

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Seriously. Nobody is playing prevent defense in that situation. That'd be insane 😳

9 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Watch the play in actual motion, specifically the defensive line. Anyone arguing that Atlanta was NOT in contain/prevent is blind. Those linemen weren't rushing, they were all containing with pressure being a far secondary concern. They didn't actually turn it back on until Carolina got well into Atlanta territory.

Or hey, keep arguing the nonsense despite what's actually on the film. Your prerogative.

Edited by KSpan

56 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Watch the play in actual motion, specifically the defensive line. Anyone arguing that Atlanta was NOT in contain/prevent is blind. Those linemen weren't rushing, they were all containing with pressure being a far secondary concern. They didn't actually turn it back on until Carolina got well into Atlanta territory.

Or hey, keep arguing the nonsense despite what's actually on the film. Your prerogative.

Man just stop. He showed you a 5 man rush when we first got the ball. Even that video has a guy all over our check down. This isn’t prevent defense. No one runs prevent defense up by one in the rain against a rookie with over 5 minutes left. This is one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen someone try to argue. Just move on and find something else to complain about in one of our few wins this year. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

That doesn't require being in prevent.

Hell, we used to have two man rushes called back when we had Eric Washington running the defense.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Man just stop. He showed you a 5 man rush when we first got the ball. Even that video has a guy all over our check down. This isn’t prevent defense. No one runs prevent defense up by one in the rain against a rookie with over 5 minutes left. This is one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen someone try to argue. Just move on and find something else to complain about in one of our few wins this year. 

It's man 2-high with the line not even rushing. It's there on film. You even arguing that is what's bizarre. Seriously... on film 

In fact, watch the first 3 passing plays on the drive. Same crap the whole time. 

Compare it to Campbell's sack in the 2md quarter, which was also a 4-man rush. Or again, just keep ignoring it. Your prerogative.

https://www.nfl.com/games/falcons-at-panthers-2023-reg-15?active-tab=highlights