• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Final Drive

Seltzer

As a Bama grad, I’m a Bryce fan, and I hope he figures this thing out. I was pleased with that last drive. However, I still want to see more out of his passes. The ~20 yarder to Tremble to get off the goal line took forever to get to him, and the pass to Minot was just a wounded duck with a nice adjustment (granted, the rain may have caused the ball to come out funny).

I do hope Bryce and the team can build in this. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

As a Bama grad, I’m a Bryce fan, and I hope he figures this thing out. I was pleased with that last drive. However, I still want to see more out of his passes. The ~20 yarder to Tremble to get off the goal line took forever to get to him, and the pass to Minot was just a wounded duck with a nice adjustment (granted, the rain may have caused the ball to come out funny).

I do hope Bryce and the team can build in this. 

It was pouring with 30 miles wind gusts.  The Falcons didn't even want Ridder to throw at all after his braindead pick...  It wasn't a situation where you want your QB to have to throw in, especially backed up.

It was as bad of conditions as I've seen at BOA stadium.  There's only been a few games that were even close to this one... basically a tropical depression sitting over the stadium the whole game.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

It’s good tape to build on. Even Brown called the game marginally better. Baby steps. lol

That's really the takeaway for the team.  It certainly was as ugly a game as you can have offensively before the final drive, but this was the epitome of extreme weather conditions today.

The previous monsoon game in 2011 was an UGLY win also.  That's all you can hope for in this environment.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

It was pouring with 30 miles wind gusts.  The Falcons didn't even want Ridder to throw at all after his braindead pick...  It wasn't a situation where you want your QB to have to throw in, especially backed up.

It was as bad of conditions as I've seen at BOA stadium.  There's only been a few games that were even close to this one... basically a tropical depression sitting over the stadium the whole game.

I was not aware of the wind. I currently live in Korea and woke up (14 hours ahead of EST) to only catch the last 10 minutes of the game. Definitely saw the rain in the broadcast but didn’t see or hear anything about the wind. 

• Pie 1

Bryce does have some positives this year.  Couple of game winning drives, and his passes in the mid range (15-30 yards) are mostly good.  Also, he has decent mobility and hasn't thrown a lot of picks.  Only 1 in the last four games, I think.  But we still have a lot of questions about whether he will eventually be a NFL qb.  

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1