• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Evero Year 2

thunderraiden

Funny thing is that Evero has done well because Tepper DID NOT MEDDLE WITH HIS STAFF. Evero has many assistants he’s worked with before.

Meanwhile the offense was a mish mash of random coaches from around the NFL because Tepper insisted Reich “go outside his circles” to build a staff. Pair the unfamiliarity of the coaching staff with Bryce Young’s struggles and it was a recipe for disaster. 

Edited by hepcat

25 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Any else kinda bummed we probably won't be getting to see what this man does with a second year with his hands on the defense? I can see one or two off season moves that would really get this defense to division champ caliber with his play calling. Guy is just so versatile with our ever revolving defensive cast.

Looks like you beat me to the Evero post. Yeah, he has worked miracles with our defense this year

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, Manna said:

I hope Tepper meddles enough to force the new HC to keep Evero on as DC (if Evero wants to stay). 

That assumes he wants to stay. It's entirely possible that he may have other, better opportunities.

But even if he doesn't, no Tepper should not meddle again.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

21 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I've been saying all along that I want a young offensive minded HC for next go around but, I wouldn't be mad if Tepper just made Evero our HC, keep the defensive scheme in tact and try to find a offensive guy to come in and develop Bryce and get the offense back on track. 

Our hotshot OC Brown and hotshot DC Evero got bypassed for Interim HC for a Special Teams coach.  

I feel like that means something and possibly burned some bridges.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Our hotshot OC Brown and hotshot DC Evero got bypassed for Interim HC for a Special Teams coach.  

I feel like that means something and possibly burned some bridges.

I wouldn't read too much into that. I think that's more of letting them focus on their job instead of having them call plays and focus on their job. Brown wasn't even calling plays until 2 weeks before Reich was fired...

• Pie 1

Just now, PleaseCutStewart said:

I wouldn't read too much into that. I think that's more of letting them focus on their job instead of having them call plays and focus on their job. Brown wasn't even calling plays until 2 weeks before Reich was fired...

I wouldn't be surprised if one or both opted out after how we did Wilks. I mean, what's the point of you're not going to get a shot at the real job? I honestly can't recall anyone leveraging an interim HC opportunity into a HC offer elsewhere. It's like the rest of the league says "well, if he can't stick after a test drive there why should we hire him?"

• Pie 1