• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At this rate...

TN05

Chubba will likely get to 1,000 scrimmage yards next week. He's only 79 yards away, and is averaging almost 100 per week over the last four games. There's also a non-zero chance Chubba could hit 1,000 rushing yards; he'd need to average about 87 yards over the next three games, and he's ran for exactly that the last two games.

Currently, Chubba has 739 rushing yards and 190 receiving yards on the season with 4 touchdowns and only one fumble. Chubba only had 637 scrimmage yards last year, so this is a big jump for him.

Adam Thielen is also on pace to (barely) squeak over 1,000 receiving yards for the year, which would be his first 1,000 yard season since 2018.

Edited by TN05
  • Pie 4

To be fair, a thousand yards isn't the benchmark it used to be.

The NFL started recognizing thousand yard rushers back when there were only 12 games. With the number of games we have now, you don't even have to hit a hundred yards a game to be a thousand yarder (fifteen hundred is a much better goal)

With that said...

Hubbard is definitely having his best season and proving himself valuable to the team. A lot of us had him written off before the season started.

He's been able to show everybody that was wrong-headed of us.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I agree with Mr Scot, 1000 yards isn't the bar it used to be.  But likewise, Chubba has shown us this year that he is, in fact, a legit NFL RB and can be counted on.

I no longer think of Chubba as part of the problem, instead I think he can be part of the solution.

• Pie 2

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, a thousand yards isn't the benchmark it used to be.

The NFL started recognizing thousand yard rushers back when there were only 12 games. With the number of games we have now, you don't even have to hit a hundred yards a game to be a thousand yarder (fifteen hundred is a much better goal)

With that said...

Hubbard is definitely having his best season and proving himself valuable to the team. A lot of us had him written off before the season started.

He's been able to show everybody that was wrong-headed of us.

to be more fair, he's had to split reps with sanders in a pass happy offense that cant get a rhythm going for most of the season.

• Pie 2

Chubba seems decisive and accelerates through the hole. 

every time miles sanders gets the ball all I see is someone trying to juke a defender that’s not even there and never gets going, making it easy to be tackled the second he gets hit. 

Edited by Adb6368

2 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Chubba seems decisive and accelerates through the hole. 

every time miles sanders gets the ball all I see is someone trying to juke a defender that’s not even there and never gets going, making it easy to be tackled the second he gets hit. 

My Eagles fan buddy told me he had poo for vision and that I'd get tired of seeing him run into the backs of OL when there's a gaping hole right there for a potential big gainer. We don't have the Eagles' OL and ability to keep defenses honest with a legitimate passing attack so there aren't those same gaping holes and that makes his vision issues even more readily apparent.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why has Matt Rhule's wife made our best draft pick in recent years? Matt Rhule's wife for GM!

He our best RB now, to be sure, but I don't think he's a true RB1.  Is he better than Sanders?  Between the tackles, absolutely and maybe better overall.

He'd probably be among the league's leading rushers if a) we hadn't wasted so much time starting Sanders, and b) we weren't forcing the pass so much early in the season. The later part of this year has proven we actually have a pretty solid run-blocking line, and a quality rushing attack. And next year, Chuba could be a solid fantasy football RB2. He's that reliable.

Hubbard has been one of the bright spots this dismal season. He's not only proven himself to be our future every down back, but I've been really impressed by his pass blocking.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

He our best RB now, to be sure, but I don't think he's a true RB1.  Is he better than Sanders?  Between the tackles, absolutely and maybe better overall.

He's plenty good enough. You don't need a true RB1 in today's NFL. You haven't for decades now but that hasn't stopped the Panthers from investing heavily in positions of yesteryear, namely RBs and off the ball LBs. Outside of a handful of truly elite players those are "fill the gap" positions with draft picks and/or low to mid-level FAs. We've sorely lacked at more crucial positions because we invest heavily in the wrong positions.

• Pie 1