• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Tomlin?

PanthersGTI

6 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

one thing ur missing...he had exceptional talent in almost every position on the field.... what u think he gonna do with this team... he hasn't won a SB in 15 years...hes good but squandered what he had...lol...

Who were these players that were exceptional at every position? Cowher went 8-8 with “his” players the year he retired. Tomlin won his SB two years later. The offense had Rashard Mendenhall, Santonio Holmes, the remains of Hines Ward, and a bad OL. And has kept the team winning through all those years despite never drafting in the top half of any round without trades. The Panthers had a good 2008. Since then they have had THREE non-losing seasons. Tomlin has 14. 

• Pie 4

yall are talking about wins and super bowls lol

we just need someone to come in change the poo culture, one of the most embarrassing, historically bad teams the nfl has ever seen….someone to convince more than 10 people to come watch home games…someone who can put up with Tepper’s dumbass

like seriously if he would come here I’d be glad to have him

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

yall are talking about wins and super bowls lol

we just need someone to come in change the poo culture, one of the most embarrassing, historically bad teams the nfl has ever seen….someone to convince more than 10 people to come watch home games…someone who can put up with Tepper’s dumbass

like seriously if he would come here I’d be glad to have him

I think the culture in Pittsburgh was pretty toxic behind closed doors but winning masks all. 

23 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Who were his QB's?

Not sure if you notice but it doesn't matter how much talent you have, if you don't have a QB you aren't going to win a lot of games.

Big Ben was washed at the end of his career and they let him continue to play like trash for those last years of his career. Kenny Pickett is trash as well. Tomlin somehow still had a winning record with those QB's.

...when I have time...I'll Venn diagram it for ya...

18 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Who were these players that were exceptional at every position? Cowher went 8-8 with “his” players the year he retired. Tomlin won his SB two years later. The offense had Rashard Mendenhall, Santonio Holmes, the remains of Hines Ward, and a bad OL. And has kept the team winning through all those years despite never drafting in the top half of any round without trades. The Panthers had a good 2008. Since then they have had THREE non-losing seasons. Tomlin has 14. 

Cower came of a superbowl 8-8.. what did panthers do after they came off a SB appearance...they maintained the players from the SB...um remember a dude named Polamaulu..... Tomlin is a good coach...but him coming here and and magically turning it around with this roster will take years... or for anybody.  Dick Vermeil was one of the few that did well on a flip. Rothlishitsberger carried that offence and made Tomlin look good... just like Cam did with Rivera...  Tomlin had better talent and competent coaches...thats the diff...

1 minute ago, Johnstonny said:

Cower came of a superbowl 8-8.. what did panthers do after they came off a SB appearance...they maintained the players from the SB...um remember a dude named Polamaulu..... Tomlin is a good coach...but him coming here and and magically turning it around with this roster will take years... or for anybody.  Dick Vermeil was one of the few that did well on a flip. Rothlishitsberger carried that offence and made Tomlin look good... just like Cam did with Rivera...  Tomlin had better talent and competent coaches...thats the diff...

I don’t care what he might do here. But to pretend his success is all from Cowher, a QB who was maybe the 5th best QB on his best years in a conference with Brady and Manning, and a HOF S is comical. Big Ben threw for 3,300 yds with 17 TDs and 15 INT in the SB winning season. How is that carrying anything? And a far cry from “exceptional” talent at every position. 

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I don’t care what he might do here. But to pretend his success is all from Cowher, a QB who was maybe the 5th best QB on his best years in a conference with Brady and Manning, and a HOF S is comical. Big Ben threw for 3,300 yds with 17 TDs and 15 INT in the SB winning season. How is that carrying anything? And a far cry from “exceptional” talent at every position. 

I didn't say that...I said his SB was a gift from Cowher...believe what you will ...i respect your opinion...i just dont share it...

Tomlin getting fired would be very reminiscent of Andy Reid getting fired in Philly. A great HC that's time has run out with an organization. I can not imagine a better culture builder than Tomlin. If we can hire a good OC to pair with him it would be a home run hire. 

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

I didn't say that...I said his SB was a gift from Cowher...believe what you will ...i respect your opinion...i just dont share it...

Didn’t say what? You said he had exceptional talent at EVERY position. In a post directly above. Did you not? And if Cowher gifted him a SB, tell us how? I showed who they had, which sure wasn’t exceptional. Especially an OL that was considered the worst ever for a team that won the SB. I believe what I saw and the facts. You can try the Venn diagram if it helps. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Not calling Mike Tomlin a scrub my no means. But, I do wonder what his career would be like without that Pittsburgh Steelers front office he has had all these years. 

Yeah Tomlin is a good coach but that front office has been legendary at finding talent until the past few years.

Do you actually believe Tomlin didn’t have a say in player evaluations for the draft picks? 

• Pie 1