• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton made Tepper an offer he can't refuse. Newton for President.

jasonluckydog

8 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Tepper hasn’t liked Cam since that video came out with Cam asking how he made his money, seemed to irritate Tepper… 

Cam is a confident individual who doesn't hold back and bite his tongue. I haven't seen any indication that Tepper would be too tolerant of folks like that. The one guy who he's let hang around that I thought would be that guy (Smitty) has sadly pretty much turned into a lapdog. I don't think it's a coincidence that Tepper went all in on a QB prospect who comes across as one of the most timid acting franchise QB prospects I've ever seen. I mean, think about it. Have you ever seen a guy who was tabbed as a potential franchise QB at any point whether it was leading up to the draft or a non-1st round pick who showed promise at some point act as sheepish as Bryce does? It's weird. Most football folks would be turned off by that. Then you have Scott Fitterer at GM who took what was essentially a GM in title only role without final roster say to be a wet nurse for a college coach who was floundering. Real viable GM candidates with ambition don't take that job. A lot of fans have talked about how we don't have any dogs on this team and lack "alphas" (as cringe as that term is) but I just don't think Tepper is likely to tolerate those types for long. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Cam is a confident individual who doesn't hold back and bite his tongue. I haven't seen any indication that Tepper would be too tolerant of folks who aren't. The one guy who he's let hang around that I thought would be that guy (Smitty) has sadly pretty much turned into a lapdog. I don't think it's a coincidence that Tepper went all in on a QB prospect who comes across as one of the most timid acting franchise QB prospects I've ever seen. I mean, think about it. Have you ever seen a guy who was tabbed as a potential franchise QB at any point whether it was leading up to the draft or a non-1st round pick who showed promise at some point act as sheepish as Bryce does? It's weird. Most football folks would be turned off by that. A lot of fans have talked about how we don't have any dogs on this team and lack "alphas" (as cringe as that term is) but I just don't think Tepper is likely to tolerate those types for long.

Unfortunately an organization needs those types because not every person can be that type. When I think about it you are right, I dont think we have one of those types at all.

30 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Cam is a confident individual who doesn't hold back and bite his tongue. I haven't seen any indication that Tepper would be too tolerant of folks like that. The one guy who he's let hang around that I thought would be that guy (Smitty) has sadly pretty much turned into a lapdog. I don't think it's a coincidence that Tepper went all in on a QB prospect who comes across as one of the most timid acting franchise QB prospects I've ever seen. I mean, think about it. Have you ever seen a guy who was tabbed as a potential franchise QB at any point whether it was leading up to the draft or a non-1st round pick who showed promise at some point act as sheepish as Bryce does? It's weird. Most football folks would be turned off by that. Then you have Scott Fitterer at GM who took what was essentially a GM in title only role without final roster say to be a wet nurse for a college coach who was floundering. Real viable GM candidates with ambition don't take that job. A lot of fans have talked about how we don't have any dogs on this team and lack "alphas" (as cringe as that term is) but I just don't think Tepper is likely to tolerate those types for long. 

If you don't know who Dipper is after 6yrs of ownership you haven't been paying attention or you're personally delusional... hes a megalomaniac drunk on 20bill

Edited by Johnstonny