• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quality of BBQ in the USA

jayboogieman

3 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

I make the best BBQ in NC.

Are you overweight borderline obese?

If not you're definitely not the best BBQ maker. Those guys with good BBQ all look the same. Big fat boys who know to get down and dirty on that smoker.

I get my BBQ plate usually around September. BBQ so good it melts in your mouth. Luckily I'm more about health these days so I only eat BBQ once out the year. That stuff will make you feel awful afterwards lol

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Are you overweight borderline obese?

If not you're definitely not the best BBQ maker. Those guys with good BBQ all look the same. Big fat boys who know to get down and dirty on that smoker.

I get my BBQ plate usually around September. BBQ so good it melts in your mouth. Luckily I'm more about health these days so I only eat BBQ once out the year. That stuff will make you feel awful afterwards lol

No, I’m not because I look at cooking as art and I’m active.  I read sooo many books and I have experimented with nearly ever spice on earth.  I was able to figure out how to perfectly make BBQ with unique flavors.  I use infusion of some Asian spices and my technique is much different from ordinary BBQing. I have been begged to join multiple competitions to team up with the big boys that have done it all their lives but BBQ is my side gig.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

No, I’m not because I look at cooking as art and I’m active.  I read sooo many books and I have experimented with nearly ever spice on earth.  I was able to figure out how to perfectly make BBQ with unique flavors.  I use infusion of some Asian spices and my technique is much different from ordinary BBQing. I have been begged to join multiple competitions to team up with the big boys that have done it all their lives but BBQ is my side gig.

What's your specialty aka best cooking dish?

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What's your specialty aka best cooking dish?

I have a ton.  For this Christmas I’m making fillet mignons marinated in spices and fresh herb paste then smoked on low heat to 105* and seared to desired temp with garlic butter, salt, black garlic, pepper mix.  Also making lamb steaks with tarragon baste, smoked reck of lamb with tarragon aioli and orange zest, smoked turkey legs for the kids, smashed burger with two patties and home made pimento cheese inside, with smoke chile bbq sauce, and Poblano pickle relish (all home made).  For sides I make garlic butter mushrooms, mash potatoes with green chile queso sauce, coconut rice, and eleven-layer potato gratin with caramelized shallots and fried sage.  For dessert I’m making home made cannolis, key lime pie, and fruit tart.

Edited by Lame Duck
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

18 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

I have a ton.  For this Christmas I’m making fillet mignons marinated in spices and fresh herb paste then smoked on low heat to 105* and seared to desired temp with garlic butter, salt, black garlic, pepper mix.  Also making lamb steaks with tarragon baste, smoked reck of lamb with tarragon aioli and orange zest, smoked turkey legs for the kids, smashed burger with two patties and home made pimento cheese inside, with smoke chile bbq sauce, and Poblano pickle relish (all home made).  For sides I make garlic butter mushrooms, mash potatoes with green chile queso sauce, coconut rice, and eleven-layer potato gratin with caramelized shallots and fried sage.  For dessert I’m making home made cannolis, key lime pie, and fruit tart.

Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

• Beer 1