• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A little optimism for the offseason..

recceice

This WR draft class is really good and deeper then last year class..

This draft could go 20 deep in prospects that could contribute to a team day 1.. 

We could realistically get a starter at WR into the 4th round ..

My top of the 2nd round best option (again jmo) are Worthy (Texas) Mitchell ( Texas) Egbuka (OState) (my 1st choice as well) ..

Reality is the WR room no matter who is coach is a complete overhaul.. I can only see keeping Theilen, Mingo, and maybe Ismael .. Everybody else can go.. I see us trying to atleast add 3 players thru FA and draft in that room maybe 4..

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Fast, quick,  and shifty is what we need.  I dont care at all if theyre 6'3 or 220 lbs.   Im fine if theyre small.  We just need explosive players that can create seperation and keep db's honest.

100%. I don't want anymore physical specimens that supposedly run 4.4 40's that there is zero evidence of on tape. We got enough of that, thanks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

You guys really trust Fitt drafting the right WR?

As far as I'm concerned if we don't get Higgins or Evans in FA we will be in a world of trouble once again when it comes to the WR position. Gambling on a rookie WR especially when Fitt is making that pick is not something I trust.

We absolutely have to overpay for Higgins or Evans. There is no other option for me.

Is WR the position the Panthers have invested the most draft capital in the last 10 years?

Carolina Panthers Draft History | Carolina Panthers - Panthers.com

Not so fun facts... team already have 4 WRs that was drafted in the second round (Shenault and Chark by other teams)... Hoping to spend the second pick on another position and rather double dip in middle or later rounds.

5 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

we need another dynamic duo of these two game changers

KB.jpeg

Honestly they could've been really good if we developed them properly. Imagine still having them when we got CMC and Samuel. Funchess had his bets year in 17 and got paid by the Packers for it. Injuries derailed his career and honestly he would've been better played in a similar fashion as Jimmy Graham. Benjamin was really good his first 2 years but they didn't seem to be able to overcome his mental hurdles after his mom's passing or develop him in a way that would motivate him to stay under weight and utilize him properly. Under Rivera and beyond we haven't picked a "bad" WR imo it's all on us to develop after we draft and I feel we have dropped the dime on the significantly. 

Since 2011:

Kelvin Benjamin

Devin Funchess

Curtis Samuel

DJ Moore

TMJ

Jonathan Mingo

Are the best of the group and the only one we have developed properly, shouldn't even be able to take full credit for it is DJ. If he would've had Cam or a good QB longer he may be a top 10 WR and was arguably one with us handicapping him. TMJ looked good in time he got last year but he has yet to be fully given a proper chance, Samuel should've been resigned and could've been dynamic with CMC. Funchess played out of position with us and Benjamin honestly had solid talent but couldn't get out of his own head and I dont think anyone really tried to help him and just let him further alienate himself and fall apart. Were there other better WR's drafted during those timeframes after them, of course, do we want to live wit what ifs and what could've beens or realize what we had and messed up and not do the same thing again, please and thank you.

How it sits now Mingo is a very solid and capable WR with next to no differentiating WR around him to give him the type of separation he needs to be successful. He could be what Higgins is to Chase, be we need to bring in a WR that is quick in space and one that has burners. The assumption that 1-2 years is enough to fully gauge a players worth is asinine, look at the Ravens and how they handled Waller, beat if they ran that back they would've given up on Max Williams and traded Hurst much sooner. I say all that to say this, we dont need a fancy hire at HC or OC we need one who is more vested in development an innovative to make us be compatible with the future of the NFL not try to make whats previously worked in years past continue to be the building blocks of this franchise when we are clearly built to be more innovative and need to accept and support that.