• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did the wide receivers magically get good?

RumHam

34 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Hoping it's rookie issues and hoping that will improve some next season. 

He looks like TMJ 2.0 to me. Same guy, basically. And this is while being the second most targeted receiver on the season. By a VERY wide margin.

I definitely realize some of our offensive issues are impacting every aspect of the team but in the two games we have thrown for over 300 yards(SEA and GB) he has 4 rec for 40 yards. So it is almost always other guys finally getting off, not him(he was the 5th and 6th best WR in those two games). 

Furthermore, he has absolutely zero elite attributes. He barely has any that are NFL average. He was a workout warrior guy. Just like TMJ.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He looks like TMJ 2.0 to me. Same guy, basically. And this is while being the second most targeted receiver on the season. By a VERY wide margin.

I definitely realize some of our offensive issues are impacting every aspect of the team but in the two games we have thrown for over 300 yards(SEA and GB) he has 4 rec for 40 yards. So it is almost always other guys finally getting off, not him(he was the 5th and 6th best WR in those two games). 

Furthermore, he has absolutely zero elite attributes. He barely has any that are NFL average. He was a workout warrior guy. Just like TMJ.

I hope he doesnt have TMJ's heart or edge about him. If he inherited TMJ's heart there will definitely be trouble. If he has heart and willing to put some work in all I can hope is that he improves. 

32 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I hope he doesnt have TMJ's heart or edge about him. If he inherited TMJ's heart there will definitely be trouble. If he has heart and willing to put some work in all I can hope is that he improves. 

I think the heart question has largely been answered. He quits on routes or gives lackadaisical effort on occasion. He isn't a TMJ level slug but he doesn't add anything that 100 other FA JAG's couldn't.

The biggest upgrade this offseason has to be at his position. Move him down to #4 or #5 and hope he develops by the end of his rookie deal. 

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Chark has been showing up the last few weeks and it really did seem to click yesterday. He's missed a couple grabs the last couple weeks but is overall looked great or at least so much better than early in the season. 

Well he has been hurt a lot of the year....which is not super surprising