• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What you paying Derrick Brown…. 4 years $100 million

TheBigKat

20 hours ago, electro's horse said:

it's amazing how fast things have changed re: burns and brown

i would like to remind all you fugers that i was on the brown train before ANYONE! 

(actually not really even in that thread I started I just thought he was pretty good. Dude has taken the next step this year and is living up to his draft spot.) 

I remember arguing with ppl year 1 in the game threads who were saying Brown was a bust. Fans have no patience or ability to see things objectively 

23 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If Burns believes in himself enough, he should ask for a 2-3 year deal. At the end of that, the market will be even more crazy and the cap will be larger. 

But it's risky.

More like if he believes in the Panthers.  He obviously needs help to have any kind of impact on the field.  He would be best suited seeking that deal with a better team where he could shine in his role.

Hes a good player but he’s not a cornerstone.

41 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

More like if he believes in the Panthers.  He obviously needs help to have any kind of impact on the field.  He would be best suited seeking that deal with a better team where he could shine in his role.

Hes a good player but he’s not a cornerstone.

Well, that just means he isn’t an elite talent and that his open market value is going to be far lower than he wants.

If that is indeed the case, he better very quickly take that long term $23 mil deal that we offered. He won't see that kind of money again.

12 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Somehow we’ll botch extending him

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 9.58.05 AM.jpeg

Huddlers a couple of years ago...'Derrick Brown is straight up trash!!!!'  'This is why you don't draft a DT in the top 10!!!'  'His 3-cone shuttle time at the combine sucked!!!' 'Brown is lazy, out there collecting checks!!!'

I'm sure there are many more.

• Pie 1