• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Schefter: Tepper has hired a search firm to help find HC

Posted (edited)

https://fxtwitter.com/josephperson/status/1743661991976108176?s=46

Schefter’s report confirmed by Joe Person. 

Tepper apparently used this same firm to hire the Charlotte FC coach and they’ve also helped the Rams, 49ers and Atlanta in recent years with their hires. He also confirms that Dan Morgan will be apart of the transition regardless of what happens with Fitterer (which reads to me like he’s gone). 

(Can somebody help me figure out how to embed tweets? They used to auto embed for me but they aren’t anymore)

Edited by BlackPanther22
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, BlackPanther22 said:

https://fxtwitter.com/josephperson/status/1743661991976108176?s=46

Schefter’s report confirmed by Joe Person. 

Tepper apparently used this same firm to hire the Charlotte FC coach and they’ve also helped the Rams, 49ers and Atlanta in recent years with their hires. He also confirms that Dan Morgan will be apart of the transition regardless of what happens with Fitterer (which reads to me like he’s gone). 

That does sound like Fitterer is gone...

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Just because Dan Morgan worked with Fitterer, doesn’t mean he would be Fitterer again. 

I want a clean slate too, but for all we know, Morgan may end up being a good GM; here or elsewhere. 

“Internal support” is so vague. Could just be people trying to save their jobs. Could be people who saw Morgan making a lot of sense in team meetings. 

Someone mentioned this before, but if Morgan is the type to stand up to Tepper when needed…that’s a requirement if we are going to have any success. Impossible to say if that is true though. I’d be shocked if a strong GM is hired. 

Yep, same jackasses were talking poo about Brandon Beane when he was interim because he was under Hurney... and he was one of the best fuging GM's in the league. fug this board sometimes man.

And Morgan is from the Brandon Beane tree.

Edited by thunderraiden
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Bad news is the search firm is Nicole Tepper.

From the article:

To help him guide his franchise for the future, Tepper has been working with the consulting firm Sportsology, led by former Chelsea FC executive Mike Forde.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

That does sound like Fitterer is gone...

Quoting Dianna Russini...

That, combined with the part about how Tepper has a strong personal affinity for Fitterer makes me think he still could stick around in a non-personnel role.

Russini says though that it is also possible he could be let go, so I guess we'll see 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, beo said:

For those who don't want to click the X link to see the article:

CAROLINA PANTERS: Panthers owner David Tepper already has fired head coach Frank Reich and some of his assistant coaches. Many now expect that general manager Scott Fitterer will be next, according to league sources.

Tepper has retained a search firm to help him guide his franchise for the future. Should he fire Fitterer, Tepper then would have a clean slate to offer a prospective head coach and GM, though Panthers assistant GM Dan Morgan also has support within the organization, according to sources.

Whoever takes over, this team does have issues it must overcome. Carolina traded its 2024 first-round draft pick -- which became the No. 1 overall selection -- to the Chicago Bears last year to be able to draft Bryce Young, who has endured a difficult rookie season.

The Panthers are missing other offensive playmakers and have a shaky offensive line that they need to restore and rebuild. Tepper is ready and willing to spend, but there are major holes and concerns to address.

Wording is a lil different from the OP. "retained a search firm?" So it's the same one from last year that got us Frank Reich?

In this context “retained” means hired. I don’t believe they were involved last year. It’s common for certain professions to be retained for services. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, PantherGuy said:

In this context “retained” means hired. I don’t believe they were involved last year. 

They weren't. In fact, Tepper made a big deal of saying he didn't need anybody to help him with his hires.

• Pie 2

Just now, CBDellinger said:

So do we consider this progress?  Is Tepp realizing the working his ways and letting go?  

Maybe, as long as he doesn't pick the wrong people again.

He has access to one of the best football minds in the league. Why not just use him instead of going to a search firm?

1 minute ago, CBDellinger said:

So do we consider this progress?  Is Tepp realizing the working his ways and letting go?  

It is definite progress, but if he keeps fitt it won't make too much difference in results IMO.  

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

It is definite progress, but if he keeps fitt it won't make too much difference in results IMO.  

Depends on the role.

If it's unrelated to personnel, I don't really have a problem with that organizationally.

Now that said, the fact that he was involved in undermining the previous coach is a big deal. With that in mind, it's better that he be gone entirely.

If that's not going to happen though, then a non-personnel related role is the best option.

(that's what a lot of us used to hope Jerry Richardson would do with Marty Hurney since he was so determined to keep him)

Edited by Mr. Scot