• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

who played their last game for the panthers today?

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

There's no way, man. Maybe 4-13 at best. That won't win a division.

We're probably 9-8 with Dalton. Yes Seattle was a bad defense but not the worst defense we played, and our offense basically doubled our average with him as QB for one game, early in the season. 

The number of games we lost because our O couldn't move the ball AT ALL... Dalton makes a huge difference. The NFC South was just plain weak this year and we played them all crazy close, with the worst QB in the league.

• Pie 5

32 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Dude, no. Just no. It was against an awful defense plagued by injuries and one of the TDs was a busted coverage that even Chark didn't fumble. Bro put up 6 YPA, that's not a great working offense.

Remember the Packers game? That can make a difference.

Seattle's defense actually played very well the next few games after playing us. And say what you want, but we had zilcho run game and asked Dalton to throw it 58 times and he still managed to not throw an INT. Unfortunately that was probably the second worst game the defense played this year outside of the Detroit game

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If you watch the OL carefully, we were running wide because our Guards SUCKED.  Pass protection broke down through A and B gap most of the time.  Chark is not a good route runner.   I keep Smith-Marsette, Mingo, Theilen (slot) and I let the rest walk.  TEs?  I make Tremble my #1, let the rest go.   Ricci was good as a receiving TE, so I may keep him as the #3 or #4 TE.  I might consider moving BC to LT and Ickey to LG--but I think I would let them compete for the job in camp.  I bring in a stud RG.  Moton's deal has to be reworked.  I would draft a top WR and I would sign good route runners who can catch the ball. 

Let's face it, they are not giving up on Bryce in 1 year.  Give him time and some open WRs and TEs, he is fine.  Vilma said something brilliant--they are predictable.  The run does not set up the pass (based on formation).  Bryce had no chance of being successful, and he wasn't successful, some of you with keen knowledge of the NFL QB position have been very kind enough to repeatedly point that out.  Let's see what happens--you might be right, but I have always said the QB should be the last thing you put in place.

We are predictable because our QB is capable of making maybe three types of NFL throws... All of this while trying to run a finesse zone blocking pass scheme with five power run blocking offensive linemen...

• Pie 1

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS (21)

T David Sharpe

G Gabe Jackson
G Justin McCray    
WR DJ Chark    
WR Laviska Shenault
DE Deshawn Williams    
DE Henry Anderson
DE Chris Wormley
OLB Brian Burns    
OLB Marquis Haynes        
OLB Yetur Gross-Matos    
LB Frankie Luvu        
LB Kamu Grugier-Hill 
LB Deion Jones    

LB Tae Davis                
CB C.J. Henderson
CB Troy Hill    
CB Shaquill Griffin
S Jeremy Chinn    
S Sam Franklin    
LS JJ Jansen

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS (3)
TE Giovanni Ricci
TE Stephen Sullivan
WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS (3)
RB Raheem Blackshear
DE LaBryan Ray
DT Nick Thurman

https://www.panthers.com/news/complete-list-of-panthers-2024-free-agents

All but Chinn and Luvu should be cheap signings.  If Jeremy want too much, he can walk too.  I doubt Luvu tries to break the bank.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

Hopefully Bryce Young. We could be competing for the South if we would have benched this loser in week 2. 

In a thread talking about how bad this team was.. We got ppl thinking 1 player would have fixed it.. lol

And the fact that ppl think Andy Dalton is a Cam type player is a even bigger joke..Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

53 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

We're probably 9-8 with Dalton. Yes Seattle was a bad defense but not the worst defense we played, and our offense basically doubled our average with him as QB for one game, early in the season. 

The number of games we lost because our O couldn't move the ball AT ALL... Dalton makes a huge difference. The NFC South was just plain weak this year and we played them all crazy close, with the worst QB in the league.

Andy Dalton must be secretly Cam Newton now in some ppl mind.. lol

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, recceice said:

Andy Dalton must be secretly Cam Newton now in some ppl mind.. lol

Prime Cam Newton has this team with a 11-6 or better record, lol.  Look what he did in 2015 with those receivers. He'd make this OL look so much better, and Chark would have had a career year even with his drops. If you think Thielen looked good this season see what happens when he's catching darts 30 yards downfield instead of running 10-15 yard routes... 

Edit: cams offenses averaged a touchdown more per game than this year's team did across even bad years, more in gold years. We'd have  beat the poo out of so many teams with him as QB this year, lol.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 2

Just now, mav1234 said:

Prime Cam Newton has this team with a 11-6 or better record, lol.  Look what he did in 2015 with those receivers. He'd make this OL look so much better, and Chark would have had a career year even with his drops. If you think Thielen looked good this season see what happens when he's catching darts 30 yards downfield instead of running 10-15 yard routes... 

I agree.. Prime Cam could even carry this trash to something .. I disagree that Andy Dalton could.. 

Cam was a different breed.. imo

20 minutes ago, recceice said:

I agree.. Prime Cam could even carry this trash to something .. I disagree that Andy Dalton could.. 

Cam was a different breed.. imo

9-8 isn't carrying a team tho imo.  He'd just execute the offense better, which is all that's needed in this weak division. 

• Pie 2