• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns: So...

8 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

CMC didn't want to be here....he sat his way out of Carolina.  You don't see him missing an entire season for San Fran do you?

Fug CMC.

No proof of that... for all we know it was the team sitting him notice how it was all after the season was a lost cause.....although I'm 100% sure he COULD have played most of those games.....

14 hours ago, Call Me James said:

Just two more picks fitt would have wasted. 

Unfortunately, very likely but Fitterer would only have screwed up the 2023 2nd and he wouldn’t have been able to mess up the future 1sts.

9 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

No proof of that... for all we know it was the team sitting him notice how it was all after the season was a lost cause.....although I'm 100% sure he COULD have played most of those games.....

CMC said in an interview that he was surprised by the trade. People in here are trying to soften the blow by acting like he wanted out and that he faked injuries to sit out. CMC had never given any indication he was a malcontent.

Teams all over have been known to IR players when their season is done and they don’t want a high usage player to get hurt or take a risk of reinjury.

Look at our OL issues which seem to stem from getting major injuries in the week 18 game last year and those players never getting really healthy.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

This stalemate, Burns’ average performance and the team playing so poorly has definitely put us in a pickle. 

We’ll have to overpay to keep him but we lost value if we tag and trade (which may be hard to do in itself). 

I could legit see him just go elsewhere.

He was 6th in pass rush win rate and had 8 sacks on one of the lowest pass rush opportunities amounts. 

I'm confused about this topic, it's like no one here understands line play at all. 

He 8 sacks on 180ish pass rush opportunities.  The players above him in sacks are in the 270-300+ pass rush opportunities range. 

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

He was 6th in pass rush win rate and had 8 sacks on one of the lowest pass rush opportunities amounts. 

I'm confused about this topic, it's like no one here understands line play at all. 

He 8 sacks on 180ish pass rush opportunities.  The players above him in sacks are in the 270-300+ pass rush opportunities range. 

I mean, all he does is speed rush. 

More to quality edge play than that.  That's his entire game. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Where you pulling those #s' from? 

Plenty of guys in the top 10 played on teams that didn't see a lot of pass attempts vs them.  I don't have the individual players numbers though. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Where you pulling those #s' from? 

Plenty of guys in the top 10 played on teams that didn't see a lot of pass attempts vs them.  I don't have the individual players numbers though. 

ESPN posted them going into last week's games. It's part of the line play win rate article. He had 7 sacks on 168 pass rush opportunities going into week 18. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38356170/2023-nfl-pass-rush-run-stop-blocking-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams

27 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

ESPN posted them going into last week's games. It's part of the line play win rate article. He had 7 sacks on 168 pass rush opportunities going into week 18. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38356170/2023-nfl-pass-rush-run-stop-blocking-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams

I mean, you still got guys all over on that list putting the QB on the ground at a higher rate per pass rush play than Burns...and facing a greater % of double teams. 

and that's the only aspect of Burns' game to talk about.  Which isn't true for the others. 

if Burns' game was more diverse, he might could claim he is worth top tier money.   

On 1/7/2024 at 4:39 PM, Bear Hands said:

Well he grabbed a sack today.  Final 2023 stats:

32 solo tackles, 8 sacks, 15 TFL, 1 FF

Worst statistical year since his rookie campaign. 

-

Is he a better asset than Montez Sweat? Is he worth $25 million+ per year? $20m? 

How do we navigate his situation? Word was beginning of season discussions were around $27m/yr

Seems to me that is average but he was learning a new defense this past year. I would sign Brown to the money. I was not a fan of Brown when we took him but he has worked his butt off and he seems to thrive in the 34 defense this year.

7 hours ago, BY9Franchise said:

needed a rest after that freakin abuse Rivera gave him.

8 hours ago, BY9Franchise said:

There was one season where Rhule was the coach that CMC went out early in the season and never returned.   I think at the time they said it was an ankle injury and we really never got any kind of update on what kind of injury and any progress. 

Anyways, I will always believe once CMC got that big daddy contract and Rhule and Co. arrived he decided to peace out urged on by his model girlfriend.  They wanted West Coast not Charlotte, NC. 

25 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

There was one season where Rhule was the coach that CMC went out early in the season and never returned.   I think at the time they said it was an ankle injury and we really never got any kind of update on what kind of injury and any progress. 

Anyways, I will always believe once CMC got that big daddy contract and Rhule and Co. arrived he decided to peace out urged on by his model girlfriend.  They wanted West Coast not Charlotte, NC. 

No one wants Charlotte lol.

• Pie 2

Not being able to pin his ears back with a lead, is valid. 

Also, the picks aren’t what people predicted, Rams have a better record and with Burns maybe even better. Still was the thing to do though, taking that offer.