• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Panthers cleaning house how safe is Bryce

Safe, I dont know how a team would give up more than a late 2nd for him after this season and for what we paid for him we may aswell let him battle it out in camp with whoever they bring along. I hope he realizes his subpar performance and is off training with Mingo and company all spring. Please bring back Ish Smith Marsette too!

6 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

I think it could be very possible hes moved now, if a new GM is convinced he's not the guy, while his value still might be sort of high. 
 I am worried they ONLY hire someone who is convinced he is the guy though. 

How is bryces value even remotely high? Maybe a late round pick lol

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, RJK said:

Tepper is only going to hire a coach and gm who are willing to work with Bryce. 0% chance the little engine that can’t isn’t starting next season 

This is really my biggest worry. But I dont know if I believe that happens. 

8 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

I think it could be very possible hes moved now, if a new GM is convinced he's not the guy, while his value still might be sort of high. 
 I am worried they ONLY hire someone who is convinced he is the guy though. 

Wouldn't bet on him being moved.

Person pointed out that would require Tepper admitting he was wrong.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wouldn't bet on him being moved.

Dude tepper firing everyone after this season is already admitting he was wrong. I think too much is being made of this supposed attachment to Bryce. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

well, in fairness, Tepper has admitted to being wrong about a lot of his decisions and moved on quick.

he fired Ron, Hurney, Rhule, Frank, Fitt, and you got a mirror image at Charlotte FC.   Problem isn't him admitting he was wrong IMO.....it's him just getting something right to start with. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

You don't give up on the #1 overall pick in the draft after one season, I don't care how bad he played.

He'll get 2024 to show significant improvement under the new regime. If he doesn't then it's back to the draft board in 2025.

You have to realize that this is not the new GMs #1 pick anymore. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

You don't give up on the #1 overall pick in the draft after one season, I don't care how bad he played.

He'll get 2024 to show significant improvement under the new regime. If he doesn't then it's back to the draft board in 2025.

This is as plain as the nose on your face. I'm not sure why anyone doesn't understand this. Bryce is our qb until 2025 at minimum.  

• Pie 5

Just now, Frank9999 said:

This is a complete rebuild, anything is on table. Saying “you dont give up on #1 pick after one season” is meaningless now. 

You're just going to have to let that go. Bryce is your qb in 2024.

• Pie 2

Bryce will probably get through next year as the starter, but I can see it playing out similarly to Fields if we find ourselves with a top 5 pick in 2025. Don't pick up the 5th year option, and have a ''possible'' trade asset. 

I'm half of the mind to tag and trade Burns ''if'' we can get a quality first plus some, if not you just have to pay him, and Brown and continue to build the front 7 around them as they both need solid compliments around them.

We should be trying to add assets where we can via the cap space we have since our QB is on a rookie deal. I think we forget how big a loss both our starting Guards were because we didn't look this bad versus ATL Week 1, and they even managed to finish 7-10. We need to bring in a proven WR one, trade Thielen as it's clear he wants to move on to get what we can, and we need to add guys with some YAC / separation / vertical ability. 

Higgins / Chark (who is at least a vertical threat) / Mingo / and a quick twitch (Flowers / Dell / Hollywood Brown type) would round out the receiver room nicely. Similar to Tua, we have to acquire real legit receiving options.