• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just how bad was Bryce Young?

TN05

3 hours ago, Silent Majority said:

I never expected much out of Collins. Weinke was the one that broke my heart. There is zero reason he shouldn't have had an awesome career. 

Remember, the knock on Weinke was his age.  Played baseball a couple years I believe.  I never could understand how he didn't make it.  He's now a really successful QB trainer apparently.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Remember, the knock on Weinke was his age.  Played baseball a couple years I believe.  I never could understand how he didn't make it.  He's now a really successful QB trainer apparently.

Cam Newton worked w/ Weinke at IMG leading into his 2011 rookie season

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

He spent 6 years playing AAA baseball. Heisman at 28. He couldn't play under center well and he was most comfortable in shotgun if I remember correctly. The mental part of the NFL game was his biggest weakness...again if I remember correctly. 

He is coaching at GT as a QB coach and was working as a QB trainer for some company years ago. 

Yup I was on the Stroud camp. If you watched the actual tape and didn't listen to hype, Stroud was the guy. People knocked him for not having "pocket escape magic" or whatever. That really doesn't matter when you can throw a dime through a quarter hole whenever you want.

But we have what we have now. I guess see what the kid (BY) has. Just unfortunate if Stroud turns out to be a generational talent. That would be the pick that lives in infamay for 100 years if it turns that way.

Edited by DrowsyJungle
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, recceice said:

Nowhere near the years of good tape and production either..

His college tape is now inconsequential.   It has no meaning and serves no purpose.  There are now 16 games of film on Young at the nfl level.  Clinging to what he did in college at the best program in the country is moronic at this point

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, recceice said:

Nowhere near the years of good tape and production either..

I mean, if Bryce Young played at BYU.....Bryce likely isn't the #1 overall pick.  Bryce had the best roster in college football to aid him. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

His college tape is now inconsequential.   It has no meaning and serves no purpose.  There are now 16 games of film on Young at the nfl level.  Clinging to what he did in college at the best program in the country is moronic at this point

Agree to disagree 

18 minutes ago, recceice said:

Agree to disagree 

you don't think Zach Wilson (who still went #2 overall) would have had an even better college resume playing at Bama vs BYU?