• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

12 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

He shouldn’t be considered a dark horse though. He and Ben Johnson are THE hot shot coordinators. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get at least one HC offer. He’ll interview everywhere

I’m talking about for us. In this era of listing over a young OC he’s my sleeper pick

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We will hire a HC first, who will help pick the GM, who will then help pick an Ops President.

#TepperLogic

Unfortunately for us Dave is the President of Football Ops. Until that changes expect the clusterf*ck to continue. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Panthers blocked Jaguars request to interview Evero for DC.

Apparently Carolina plans to interview Evero for the HC vacancy. 

https://x.com/jfowlerespn/status/1745133973645197364?s=46

if we decide not to keep him at DC couldn't we try to trade him to the Jags or elsewhere since he's under contract as DC? Couldn't block him getting a promotion to HC but could get something out of him going elsewhere as a DC

Just now, t96 said:

if we decide not to keep him at DC couldn't we try to trade him to the Jags or elsewhere since he's under contract as DC? Couldn't block him getting a promotion to HC but could get something out of him going elsewhere as a DC

I don’t think so but maybe. Trading coaches is very sticky and why the Titans just decided to let Vrabel go instead of spending weeks making it work. I think it has something to do with they have to accept their new contract with the team they are being traded to or it’s voided. (I think)

8 minutes ago, t96 said:

And who would that we be,Tepper? Why would they block him anyway? The man has earned his money here and if he's not in consideration for the HC then he has a right to seek employment wherever he wants. And would not blame him if he told Tepper to piss off. 

Edited by Jon Snow

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

And who would that we be,Tepper? Why would they block him anyway? The man has earned his money here and if he's not in consideration for the HC then he has a right to seek employment wherever he wants. And would not blame him if he told Tepper to piss off. 

I have heard teams will block interview requests on the part of the candidate if the candidate doesn't want to upset potential future employers...

It would be very shitty if he is being disallowed from interviewing while wanting to leave.  Forcing him to work with a new HC wouldn't be fair...

• Beer 1