• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's honest talk that Josh McDaniels will be a NEW ENGLAND PATRIOT again

Yeah I heard that too, in the case that Bill stays.. Josh would jump through his own asshole for that opportunity.  Yet, with the Vrabel news Kraft has to be pondering just moving on from Bill.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Steelo said:

Yeah I heard that too, in the case that Bill stays.. Josh would jump through his own asshole for that opportunity.  Yet, with the Vrabel news Kraft has to be pondering just moving on from Bill.

Twitter user somewhere suggested reuniting Vrabel with Arthur Smith.

Gotta admit, that idea sounds intriguing for them.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Twitter user somewhere suggested reuniting Vrabel with Arthur Smith.

Gotta admit, that idea sounds intriguing for them.

I've seen that kicked around for any destination for Vrabel honestly. Someone even mentioned it being here. 

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I totally agree. That should have been the plan from the jump. But they've been struggling to figure out if they are rebuilding or making a run. Until Dave figures that out I'm not sure what is going on. He's 5 years behind on making that decision. 

This 💯 missed a great opportunity to reset the direction of this franchise when Rhule was hired (and during COVID). But I regress. Can only hope Dave will get it right this time.

Is anyone else confused why Raheem Morris is being so widely talked about as some hot candidate? He wasn't great his first go around and just seems underwhelming. His Rams defense is pretty middle of the pack, it makes no sense other than it being a Rooney Rule candidate.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Samppson said:

Is anyone else confused why Raheem Morris is being so widely talked about as some hot candidate? He wasn't great his first go around and just seems underwhelming. His Rams defense is pretty middle of the pack, it makes no sense other than it being a Rooney Rule candidate.

I wonder if him being from the McVay tree is helping him.  He's ALWAYS mentioned for HC jobs.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Samppson said:

Every few years, the NFL latches on to a  favorite Rooney Rule candidate that nobody takes all that seriously but who helps teams check off the boxes.

That might be Morris these days.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Every few years, the NFL latches on to a  favorite Rooney Rule candidate that nobody takes all that seriously but who helps teams check off the boxes.

That might be Morris these days.

True. Morris would be a great candidate on paper if he hadn't already been a HC with iffy results.

Summary of the video:

Tepper can offer generational wealth and is the big fish financially in this year's search since the Broncos hired their coach last year. Someone might bite because of the money.

They expect the Panthers to land a retread that wants a final shot or a lesser candidate that doesn't have many, if any other options.

They joke about Johnson turning Tepper down and staying with the Lions again only for Tepper to sell the Panthers, buy the Lions, and fire Johnson.

Edited by jayboogieman

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

They joke about Johnson turning Tepper down and staying with the Lions again only for Tepper to sell the Panthers, buy the Lions, and fire Johnson.

That bit is hilarious.

Rest of it is just filling time on the podcast and stuff but the Tepper bit is hilarious.

• Pie 2