• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Dorsey in that capacity would be good. Nothing more than that, though.

My concern would be that Dorsey's work has been with Cam and Allen.  Two QBs with a whole different set of traits than Bryce.  I'd prefer a QB coach who has experience working with QBs similar to Bryce in skill-set or in the kind of offense that makes the most sense for him.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Vegas has two or three other names also out there who aren't actual candidates.

I never take betting odds seriously as any sort of predictor.

Yes--here is one of the articles about it--includes some names like Bienemy as well.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-ex-kellen-moore-favorite-hired-coach-carolina-odds-panthers

3 hours ago, Steelo said:

Why is the only place I hear about ANYTHING on Kellen Moore is here or random other fans who looked at Vegas betting lines. “Vegas knows something” he was “second” in our search last year. Hasn’t even gotten a virtual interview. 

But there is photographic proof and it is on the internet--2 indisputable evidence sources.  MjAzNTU4OTM3NzU5MzI3ODc0.webp.45a52d1e67b30cdf6c65ccf08c765c16.webp

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Mage said:

My concern would be that Dorsey's work has been with Cam and Allen.  Two QBs with a whole different set of traits than Bryce.  I'd prefer a QB coach who has experience working with QBs similar to Bryce in skill-set or in the kind of offense that makes the most sense for him.

Who the hell would honestly be a good fit for bryce at this point? Im having a hard time figuring that out. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Kellen Moore?  Probably who we hire.  Not a fan of it though.

By the way, the Kellen Moore comment was made with no qualifying evidence and it was sarcasm related to the vegas comments--to a point--because I cannot predict this team anymore.  I think Vegas knows more than we do pertaining to issues involving sports gambling, however.  I do think, however, this is going to be tough sell and there will be a lot of activity impacting what they Panthers do. I am not certain the next coach is one of the people they have reached out to at this point.  They may be looking at a list of coaches who would be interested in the Panthers or any HC job, not who the Panthers are initially interested in.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Who the hell would honestly be a good fit for bryce at this point? Im having a hard time figuring that out. 

I’m less and less worried about how much of a fit they are for Bryce vs who gives us the best chance for sustained success. Tying a HC for fit with a QB we haven’t figured out is the long term solution is a recipe for disaster. A HC worth his salt is going to be able to produce the best product no matter who is on the roster. I also think people are overlooking the fact that beyond the HC you have a couple layers of padding for your QB. Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach. You don’t need a fit for Bryce with your HC hire, they don’t need experience working with QBs like him because they can hire someone with experience to do so. We have to get off this hill of who will or won’t fit with Bryce 

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Mage said:

If we could get Darrell Bevell I'd be happy.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

By the way, the Kellen Moore comment was made with no qualifying evidence and it was sarcasm related to the vegas comments--to a point--because I cannot predict this team anymore.  I think Vegas knows more than we do pertaining to issues involving sports gambling, however.  I do think, however, this is going to be tough sell and there will be a lot of activity impacting what they Panthers do. I am not certain the next coach is one of the people they have reached out to at this point.  They may be looking at a list of coaches who would be interested in the Panthers or any HC job, not who the Panthers are initially interested in.

Someone commented that they don’t think we’ll be in the first wave of hires and I somewhat agree but disagree. It all depends on the big fish. Everything will fall out after that. Once he’s publicly indicated that we’re not an option for them they will move quick into their next set of preferred candidates and make a hire. With the pool of candidates they have now I feel confident in all but maybe 2. It might be Callahan or Monken season and I wouldn’t be overly upset with those choices, not my first choice though. If/when we miss on Ben; MacDonald would be my preferred candidate after Slowik but I have a feeling he gets hired before Ben

Does anyone know if the Panthers have done anything the past 3 days or did they just take a long weekend at the house. They haven't shared anything coach/GM related since Thursday and Friday was the last interview rumored by an insider (Rapoport mentioned Halaby)

Edited by ProcessBlue2
spelling

7 minutes ago, Steelo said:

Someone commented that they don’t think we’ll be in the first wave of hires and I somewhat agree but disagree. It all depends on the big fish. Everything will fall out after that. Once he’s publicly indicated that we’re not an option for them they will move quick into their next set of preferred candidates and make a hire. With the pool of candidates they have now I feel confident in all but maybe 2. It might be Callahan or Monken season and I wouldn’t be overly upset with those choices, not my first choice though. If/when we miss on Ben; MacDonald would be my preferred candidate after Slowik but I have a feeling he gets hired before Ben

Which could be a good thing. I think the Reich hire always felt rushed last year. Part of me deep down wonders if we were so eager to make a hire that’s why we didn’t give Steichen a serious look and didn’t even bother to reach out to Gannon

1 minute ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Does anyone know if the Panthers have done anything the past 3 days or did they just take a long weekend at the house. They haven't shared anything coach/GM related since Thursday and Friday was the last interview rumored by an insider (Rapoport mentioned Halaby)

I think it’s important to realize we can’t even meet face to face with anyone until January 21. And if they want to hire the HC before the GM we’re probably weeks away from getting any substantial news. Gonna have to be patient.

1 minute ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I think it’s important to realize we can’t even meet face to face with anyone until January 21. And if they want to hire the HC before the GM we’re probably weeks away from getting any substantial news. Gonna have to be patient.

Yeah I figured it would be a while for HC but I really figured we would be hearing "something" about GM candidates 

1 minute ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Yeah I figured it would be a while for HC but I really figured we would be hearing "something" about GM candidates 

We’ve heard Kelly really impresses and seems like we’re high on Halaby also. I figure those are the leading candidates currently. But I do agree, if we like Kelly we’re going to have to roll because the expectation is he’s the leader for the Raiders job 

They aren't just sitting around. Especially with this group running the show. They are just being quiet about it and that's probably for the best really. Like the other person said above, they can't even meet with HC candidates until later on. I imagine they are doing two different things: 

• Focusing on GM candidates to make a hire within the next week.
  • Touching base with all the candidates via virtual to narrow the list.

Say you have your GM by Friday and a shortened list by doing all of your virtual,  you put yourself in a position to have your new GM involved in the in-persons next week. 

Edited by Leaky_Faucet
  • Pie 7