• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ditto the kind of response I typically expect on your part 😆

You said Scott Fitterer built the best OL we ever had.  I mean you just said it.  We aren’t talking preseason optimistic drunk hype talk of what might happen that got dug up.   Today you made that declaration.  Best OL we ever had lol. 

You are breaking your own brain not being able to just say you were wrong about Fitterer.   I mean, it ain’t going to happen, I know that…. but funny is funny.  What do you expect when say Fittter built the best OL in Panther history? 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

You said Scott Fitterer built the best OL we ever had.  I mean you just said it.  We aren’t talking preseason optimistic drunk hype talk of what might happen that got dug up.   Today you made that declaration.  Best OL we ever had lol. 

You are breaking your own brain not being able to just say you were wrong about Fitterer.   I mean, it ain’t going to happen, I know that…. but funny is funny.  What do you expect when say Fittter built the best OL in Panther history? 

The 2022 version of our offensive line was indeed one of the best we've had.

That they got misused and broken down the following season isn't really their fault.

And if it helps, in the future I'll try to explain this using smaller words.

• Poo 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The 2022 version of our offensive line was indeed one of the best we've had.

That they got misused and broken down the following season isn't really their fault.

And if it helps, in the future I'll try to explain this using smaller words.

We ran against teams that couldn’t stop the run down the stretch for part of a season.  It was a solid move by Wilks.   That’s all they could really do. That’s not a GM assembling the best OL in Panther history lol.  That’s crazy mental gymnastics.  I’m done with you for today. Spread your comedy gold to the next.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

More than one Panthers analyst has suggested that personnel is our biggest weakness, and yet we're ignoring established personnel people like Mike Borgonzi and Ray Agnew in favor of analytics guys.

My theory on that is it's because Tepper understands and believes in analytics whereas actual personnel evaluation is way over his head.

So ultimately It sounds like we're going to hire the person that David Tepper wants over the kind of guy we actually need 😕

First thing is you don’t understand analytics because it is based off statistics and what things has happened in the past to predict what might happen again. Some of the most famous and successful coaches used a form of analytics to succeed it just wasn’t mentioned using the words analytics. So being against candidates that analytics is in their description is just a bias towards the word of analytics being used. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, razorwolf said:

First thing is you don’t understand analytics because it is based off statistics and what things has happened in the past to predict what might happen again. Some of the most famous and successful coaches used a form of analytics to succeed it just wasn’t mentioned using the words analytics. So being against candidates that analytics is in their description is just a bias towards the word of analytics being used. 

Not really...What I'm against is the idea that you can easily quantify football analysis...or the kids even necessary to do so.

It's one thing to take a look at a tackle and judge his knee bend. That's scouting.

Now if you were to take a caliper and physically measure one guy's knee bend versus another, then declare that the second guy is better because his is a degree and a half deeper, that's analytics

Tools like that work a lot better in a more stat driven individual sport like baseball. In a more physical sport where teamwork, cohesion and chemistry play a larger role like football, not so much.

• The D 1
  • Poo 1

16 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I'd argue that Mike MacDonald should be on that list

meh maybe, I'm going for a young offensive minded coach - not young defensive minded.

I have a feeling MacDonald gets exposed by Stroud this weekend.

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

meh maybe, I'm going for a young offensive minded coach - not young defensive minded.

I have a feeling MacDonald gets exposed by Stroud this weekend.

It'll be interesting.  Baltimore's D had an all-time great type of season.  Top down, they are stellar and are very disciplined.  

Honestly, the Slowik v. Macdonald battle in the game could be between our two finalists.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The news a lot of folks have been waiting for...

I suspect friday mid afternoon we get the obligatory "Ben Johnson withdrawals his name from Panther search" tweet

And that will be fine with me, pull the band aid off instead of stringing us along

51 minutes ago, GOAT said:

if the coach isn't Frank Smith, Bobby Slowik, Dave Canales or Ben Johnson, I am out. 

I am legit worried no one decent wants this job.  I am prepared to be very disappointed in the coaching choice